This is worst case scenario for GT's chances vs Clemson

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
"Clemsoning" was when they got blown out after being a heavy favorite. This was not a blow out, but, as I said, it is totally inexplicable.

Perhaps in your mind. Clemsoning is losing to a team that you should never lose to. IIWII I suppose. To each their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jacketfanatic15

Georgia Tech Fan
Quit being pussies. Everyone wants game day, the ACC championship, and CFP; but no one ever wants to be ranked high and have a target on our backs. It's impossible to always be a sleeper and reach these goals. Part of being competitive is wanting the target and wanting everyone's best shot. We should want to be on top of that mountain and challenge everyone to knock us off. Some of y'all need to grow a pair.

Clemsoning
  1. The act of failing miserably on a grand athletic stage, or when the stakes are high.

2. The act of delivering an inexplicably disappointing performance, usually within the context of a college football season.
They lost to NC State at home last year and still won the NC, so don't count them out. Tech beating them will seal the deal though

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Clemsoning- the act of getting the ball run down your throat and the clock run out while trailing by 3 points with 5 minutes left, despite the fact that you are 4 deep with 4 and 5 star recruits at every d-line position.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Kelly Bryant knocked out with a concussion. This is actually turning out to look like our game against Miami. With every passing day our odds of winning increase.
That didn't look good at all. I doubt he is back in two weeks. Scary few moments.

MountPGT1990

Banned
I wanted to be the ones to knock them off their perch... that's unfortunate

As did I. now we get to be their punching bag to unleash two weeks of frustration on. I will be shocked if They dont respond with their best performance of the year and send us back to ATL with our tail between our legs

MountPGT1990

Banned
Quit being pussies. Everyone wants game day, the ACC championship, and CFP; but no one ever wants to be ranked high and have a target on our backs. It's impossible to always be a sleeper and reach these goals. Part of being competitive is wanting the target and wanting everyone's best shot. We should want to be on top of that mountain and challenge everyone to knock us off. Some of y'all need to grow a pair.

I like your enthusiasm young grasshopper but every time we grow a pair and think we got something we get neutered and sent home without our boys attached ( most recent example 2015: we were being picked to make it to playoffs by some ESPN talking heads)

GT has never been able to remotely handle the favorite role- we crap the bed every time . We thrive as underdogs and surprising teams, never being on the top of the mountain . In 1990 we were doubted all season long even against a sub par Nebraska team. GT’s only Shot vs Clemson was as a sleeper, now they are going to unleash hades on us. Mark my words we lose by 21+ in DV

Last edited:

jacketfanatic15

Georgia Tech Fan
I like your enthusiasm young grasshopper but every time we grow a pair and think we got something we get neutered and sent home without our boys attached ( most recent example 2015: we were being picked to make it to playoffs by some ESPN talking heads)

GT has never been able to remotely handle the favorite role- we crap the bed every time . We thrive as underdogs and surprising teams, never being on the top of the mountain . In 1990 we were doubted all season long even against a sub par Nebraska team. GT’s only Shot vs Clemson was as a sleeper, now they are going to unleash hades on us. Mark my words we lose by 21+ in DV

I'm really not that young and I do realize what you're saying. The injuries in 2015 made it an exception. Bottom line is we have to be ranked and want everyone's best if we're ever gonna be an elite team respected by the media and everyone else. Isn't that what we all want?

MountPGT1990

Banned
I'm really not that young and I do realize what you're saying. The injuries in 2015 made it an exception. Bottom line is we have to be ranked and want everyone's best if we're ever gonna be an elite team respected by the media and everyone else. Isn't that what we all want?

Yes, but as Dave Braine said you can’t be Harvard sun thru Friday and expect to be Alabama on Saturday.

We aren’t a factory school, we make our players take Calculus, we have shoddy facilities , a limited budget to pay coaches and upgrade facilities, we have had one top 20 recruiting class in 20 years , it’s not a fair fight. GT can never be an elite program with any consistency, we’re not playing by the same rules.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
I know I'm going to get pooped on for saying this and deservedly so.... but, For two weeks now Clemson is going to hear about how bad they played vs Syracuse during their bye week and they are going to come out ready to unleash a can of whoop arse on the Jackets.

Clemson did this numerous times last year, they would play like crap, win by one score, and then come out the next game against a ranked opponent and just mud stomp them in the ground.

I was really hoping for Clemson to blow out Syracuse and have everyone telling them how good they are for two weeks and come into our game overly confident. But now they're going to be pissed and I guarantee you they will come out sharp as a razor vs us to prove a point, worst case scenario IMHO.

What happens if we come out as sharp as a sword?

jacketfanatic15

Georgia Tech Fan
Yes, but as Dave Braine said you can’t be Harvard sun thru Friday and expect to be Alabama on Saturday.

We aren’t a factory school, we make our players take Calculus, we have shoddy facilities , a limited budget to pay coaches and upgrade facilities, we have had one top 20 recruiting class in 20 years , it’s not a fair fight. GT can never be an elite program with any consistency, we’re not playing by the same rules.
I agree 100% we play at a disadvantage. As an athlete and competitor though you cannot always want to lurk in the back ground and then expect to come out on top at the end. I'd be willing to bet the players on the team have an entirely different mentality than most on this board. I grew up an athlete and to this day I am competitive. I want to be ranked high and I want everyone's best shot. What's the fun in beating a half *** team with excuses?

Eli

Helluva Engineer
I agree 100% we play at a disadvantage. As an athlete and competitor though you cannot always want to lurk in the back ground and then expect to come out on top at the end. I'd be willing to bet the players on the team have an entirely different mentality than most on this board. I grew up an athlete and to this day I am competitive. I want to be ranked high and I want everyone's best shot. What's the fun in beating a half *** team with excuses?

I feel like our players play with a chip on their shoulder the entire season not just one game.

MountPGT1990

Banned

I sure hope our players have a different mentality. CPJ gets the most out of his players that’s for sure. But when you talk about being an elite team and sitting on top of the mountain, etc , it’s never gonna happen at GT because of the factory schools we go up against.

Once or twice a decade we can have a special season and maybe win our Conference championship but that’s about it until the hill creates easier majors, lowers entrance standards ( neither of which will ever happen ), our budget increases ten fold , etc.

I mean for goodness sakes we’ve been the laughing stock of college football with Russell as our sponsor and our previous AD tried to fly the team to Ireland on a cargo plane to save some money . Crap like this doesn’t happen at elite programs. But I do think we’re in about as good of hands as we can be in with Stansbury and CPJ

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I sure hope our players have a different mentality. CPJ gets the most out of his players that’s for sure. But when you talk about being an elite team and sitting on top of the mountain, etc , it’s never gonna happen at GT because of the factory schools we go up against.

Once or twice a decade we can have a special season and maybe win our Conference championship but that’s about it until the hill creates easier majors, lowers entrance standards ( neither of which will ever happen ), our budget increases ten fold , etc.

I mean for goodness sakes we’ve been the laughing stock of college football with Russell as our sponsor and our previous AD tried to fly the team to Ireland on a cargo plane to save some money . Crap like this doesn’t happen at elite programs.

What's this thread about, again?

I appreciate your participation on the board, but dang, bud... Life is too short to be so negative about something like college football.

You're what, 200 something posts in now? I haven't gone back and read every post but it sure seems like 99% of it is negative. GT is 3-1, playing well, and has a chance to get everyone's attention tomorrow. Just enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.