Votes: 16 11.1%
  • Finally, some optimism!!!

Votes: 23 16.0%
  • Exactly

Votes: 11 7.6%

• Total voters

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
We beat Clemson. It's first game of the year, they have new coordinators, it's at Tech, and we ALMOST beat them at Clemson last year. And Chip Long is a better OC than Patenaude in my opinion. With all that I think we beat Clemson.
It's not at Tech and they were a much better team at the end of last year than when we played them. I do think the coaching turnover gives us a chance though. We have to hope they are sluggish on offense and that keeps us in the game. We are going to have trouble moving the ball. A couple of turnovers our way could be key.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
While we're all hyping stuff, I'm hearing that clem's son's D is as tough as ever. We may extend scoreless minutes to 180
That would be a pretty poor way to start, but shouldn't be taken as the season is over. It's game 1, weird stuff sometimes happens when guys are rusty or running something new. And we can still recover.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
I think our upshot resembles 2021 Wake. Enough offensive talent, scheme, and execution to consistently score points in almost every game, don't shoot yourself in the foot with penalties or sloppy play, and scrape on defense to make the opponent earn it even if we exect to have to lean on the offense to outscore them. Given our youth and schedule I think that would more likely translate to 8-5 or 7-6 for us, but that's a big turnaround and sets us up for a couple of years where we'd have a chance to compete for more.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I do agree that if we are going to upset anyone this year, it will probably be Ole Miss
Of the five ranked teams...
Clemson #4 forget about it
Ole Miss #21 Kiffin will destroy our defense
Pitt #17 A possibility depending upon the new quarterback
Miami #16 If we could not beat them with every break last year, I don't think we will this year
UGA #3 May stay within 6 or 7 TDs

Realistic possible upsets: UCF or Virginia Tech or UVA (we will see, may even be favored against the Cavaliers)

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
I think our upshot resembles 2021 Wake. Enough offensive talent, scheme, and execution to consistently score points in almost every game, don't shoot yourself in the foot with penalties or sloppy play, and scrape on defense to make the opponent earn it even if we exect to have to lean on the offense to outscore them. Given our youth and schedule I think that would more likely translate to 8-5 or 7-6 for us, but that's a big turnaround and sets us up for a couple of years where we'd have a chance to compete for more.
Agree completely ! And this is a big jump up over what I was feeling a few weeks back. I feel/hope coaching has improved significantly.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
If we can hold the core players from 2022 and we have a pulse this year, I think 2023 is likely to be a significantly better year. We are a fairly young team this year and next year will be better. I hate having that "wait til next year" feeling because it can become perpetual. Hold the staff together and core players for another year. Now if we lay an egg this year, all bets are off. GC is probably gone then.