This is...and will be a weird year for college football

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
College football has always had its unpredicted wins and losses, that's what makes it fun. But, I think this year will be totally unpredictable due to COVID hangover, transfer portals and NIL amateur athlete millionaires. Georgia seems solid, but they are subject to upsets historically. How will Tech end up? Who the heck knows. Who will be in the National Championship mix? How about Wake Forest vs Coastal Carolina. :unsure::rolleyes:

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
College football has always had its unpredicted wins and losses, that's what makes it fun. But, I think this year will be totally unpredictable due to COVID hangover, transfer portals and NIL amateur athlete millionaires. Georgia seems solid, but they are subject to upsets historically. How will Tech end up? Who the heck knows. Who will be in the National Championship mix? How about Wake Forest vs Coastal Carolina. :unsure::rolleyes:
I want complete crazy weirdness. Bring it on!

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Two unbeaten B1G teams in their conference championship game? 👍
If that happens and a 10-1 Bama beats undefeated Gaggers, what will the committee do? You can’t let two SEC teams in and not two Bigs with the same records. Or do you shut out the rest of the conferences? Or undefeated Cincinnati?

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
If that happens and a 10-1 Bama beats undefeated Gaggers, what will the committee do? You can’t let two SEC teams in and not two Bigs with the same records. Or do you shut out the rest of the conferences? Or undefeated Cincinnati?
If that's Ugag's only loss, I'd bet they'll be in the playoffs. I hope it's a weird ending to the season. I can't bring myself to say it, but otherwise...

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I mean they’ve already put two sec teams in before, those same two teams

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
We are running out of hope against the leg humpers winning it all this year. They’ll hype up Kentucky this week, but that’s no series matchup. Florida isn’t either this year. If they bring their B game to every game remaining on their schedule, they’ll win easily and be undefeated going into the SEC championship game most likely in a scenario where even if they lose, they are in the playoff. Hopefully they fail to show up one game and whoever that game is against also happens to bring their A+ game. Hopefully it’s even us.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
We are running out of hope against the leg humpers winning it all this year. They’ll hype up Kentucky this week, but that’s no series matchup. Florida isn’t either this year. If they bring their B game to every game remaining on their schedule, they’ll win easily and be undefeated going into the SEC championship game most likely in a scenario where even if they lose, they are in the playoff. Hopefully they fail to show up one game and whoever that game is against also happens to bring their A+ game. Hopefully it’s even us.
This is what people have been saying about Alabama. uga can easily stumble and lose.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
This is what people have been saying about Alabama. uga can easily stumble and lose.
And Alabama has won 6 of the last 12 championships and could easily win their 7th in thirteen years…what is your point? The fact people talk about UGA like they are Alabama is not a good thing. They deserve it so far this year, too. That’s scary.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
And Alabama has won 6 of the last 12 championships and could easily win their 7th in thirteen years…what is your point? The fact people talk about UGA like they are Alabama is not a good thing. They deserve it so far this year, too. That’s scary.
Simple. Alabama got beat. I'm not equating the teams, just the hype. That's the point. uga can get beaten by any of their opponents. Hone those reading skills.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Simple. Alabama got beat. I'm not equating the teams, just the hype. That's the point. uga can get beaten by any of their opponents. Hone those reading skills.

And they still control their own destiny to win the championship this year, just as UGA does and will if they lose one game, just as I said. Maybe follow your own advice and read what I said lol

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I’ve been enjoying the number of upsets but im definitely concerned with the possibility of the dwags finally winning. It’s so much fun holding most recent championship over them

Here’s to Cincinnati Iowa Wake Kentucky playoff final 4
We can hope.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
And they still control their own destiny to win the championship this year, just as UGA does and will if they lose one game, just as I said. Maybe follow your own advice and read what I said lol
I did. The reason I responded was because you asked me what my point was. Your initial response had nothing to do with what I said. It was your interpretation based on what you thought I was trying to say instead of what I said.

It's simple. Everyone thought Alabama would walk through the regular season and into the SEC Championship game against uga. Well, they didn't. They got beat. You're saying uga could play mediocre and still breeze into the Championship game and then by default the Playoff. My comment was, and still is, uga could trip up and lose just like Alabama did. No one thought Alabama would, just like you don't think uga will, but Alabama did, and so can uga.

That was the only point of my comment. Those were the words I used. Anything further or deeper was you projecting what you expected as a response instead of what was actually written. If you can't see that, then I'm done here.