This is a joke

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I would look very seriously at benching seniors on defense and just blitzing. Can't be much worse and we build for future and get ball back to JT.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I think everyone needs to calm down. I watched the game late and I knew the final score so I feel like I can watch the plays more than just watching the ball and we're just giving up bonehead plays. We can't get off the field on 3rd down and our corners made some dumb plays on deep balls. We didn't play all that badly, just came out flat. We need to get pressure on 3rd downs. We knew that would be an issue and it is. I think we'll learn from it and we'll have a fun game next week with VT. Go jackets! 3-0 is a lot better than many teams.

thwgjacket

We will make this the "the world is ending" and "woe is me" thread.

A lot of people started giving up in the 4th quarter, even yelling obscenities right behind our own sideline. Glad that our guys didn't give up.
Not a huge fan of you mashing my thread with this one. Now I have to come in here to view responses. Lol thanks for that.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
If we had more back 7 speed and could tackle better, I might be happy with our safety scheme. But sinse we don't and we continue to give up big plays (run and pass) I think it is time to play a faster/better tackling deep safety who will stay in the deep middle until he finds the ball on runs and can help on the deep passes. I don't see another "fix" for stopping all these big plays. Our current scheme with our safeties just seems more than their athletic ability can handle.

thwgjacket

You've earned my like with this post. GS might just deserve a little credit. Those guys in Statesboro know a little about playing football. :sneaky:
I thought you guys looked good. I do think the better team won today and should have won by more though. Upshaw looked promising, needs to put on weight though.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Play like absolute world beaters one half and then be so bad in the other half. If we could play a whole game like we do our better halves we can beat anyone on our schedule. If we play a whole game like we do our worst half we could get beat by 70 by anyone. This team confuses me, infuriates me and may give me a heart attack at some point during the year. They also find a way to give me hope, allow to me have fun watching the game and make me believe that if we played to our potential we can beat anyone. Just have to remind myself to breath and get a new phone cover because that thing is getting thrown around like crazy.
*At the end of the day we are 3-0 and VT looks like hot garbage as well.
+ 1,000