This could be just Crazy

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
How about Trevor
what about him? I'm sure he would have come out after last year but NFL rules says you cant be eligible for draft until 3 years removed from HS. that would be after this year for Trevor. honestly same for Fromm. if he was eligible, im sure he would have come out after his SO year since his stock was probably at his highest.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I’m hyped, but I also remember the hype of another QB a few years ago. I think his name was Kenny Hill and he had a fantastic game for A&M in his first game. He was the talk of TV and was mentioned in the Heisman conversation. Five games later he was benched and transferred a bit later. That taught me a lesson about premature hype.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
I’m hyped, but I also remember the hype of another QB a few years ago. I think his name was Kenny Hill and he had a fantastic game for A&M in his first game. He was the talk of TV and was mentioned in the Heisman conversation. Five games later he was benched and transferred a bit later. That taught me a lesson about premature hype.
Right.

He impressed the hell of out of me, but let’s wait to call him a first round talent/5 year starter until maybe the end of the year at least.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
It's so rare that we've had even the slightest of possibilities of a legit hype-able QB that I'm going to take this opportunity to get hyped out of my freaking mind while I can!

If it turns out I'm wrong, at least I had the pleasure of deluding myself about something positive for a bit. With half of the world experiencing misplaced grief of ambiguous loss right now, I'd rather delude myself about a false positive than be mired in ennui stemming from a false negative!

And if he does turn out to be a 1st rounder I get to be obnoxious with the "I TOLD YOU SO!" :)

iopjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
LOL....you are right but I will just say this, I have seen Tech QB's for 51 years and I have not seen a first time starter do what he did vs an elite defense and don't kid yourself FSU is that on defense. Some of the older folks will remember but the only QB that reminds me of being close was....Eddie McShan.

Eddie McAshan first game against South Carolina was pretty impressive, but I think he was a sophomore, freshman weren't eligible then.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The best thing for our program is for Jeff to start the next 3 years then get drafted in the 1st round of the draft. GT would have elite QBs lining up to play here if that happens.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Well, if that's what we are doing let's go with three nattys followed by UGA giving up in football once they realize they are clearly outmatched by the 404!

I honestly feel if we do really well this year.... UGA may use the gap in play as an excuse to attempt to no longer have to play that game.

IM79

Jolly Good Fellow
I honestly feel if we do really well this year.... UGA may use the gap in play as an excuse to attempt to no longer have to play that game.
well, if they dont wont to play in atlanta in 2021, then skip that year as well. Just restart the series in 2022 where this years game should have been.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
I agree, Jeff Sims looked very good against FSU.

However, I’m not sure FSU has an “elite” defense.

I believe we all need to beware of irrational exuberance at this time. Let’s just see how it goes for the rest of the season, one game at a time.