Thinking ahead, who will be our next PG

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Jose is a junior and our team leader, so I have been thinking who will take his place in 2022. Of present team members, Bubba would be my most likely candidate but he is a junior also. Mike is better at SG, like Price. Maxwell coming in as a SG also. Seems to me a PG with leadership ability must be our priority for next year's recruiting class.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Jose is a junior and our team leader, so I have been thinking who will take his place in 2022. Of present team members, Bubba would be my most likely candidate but he is a junior also. Mike is better at SG, like Price. Maxwell coming in as a SG also. Seems to me a PG with leadership ability must be our priority for next year's recruiting class.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk
Honestly, the walk-on PG Boyd has really impressed me in his limited minutes. PG is going to be a priority next year for recruiting, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Boyd eventually get a scholarship and contribute.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
In 2021 we would currently have a lineup of (assuming no transfers or early departures)

PG - Devoe
SG - Price/Maxwell
SF - Sjolund/Moore
PF - Meka/Didenko
C - Gigiberia

And 5 freshman or transfers possibly (could be 4).

I think a freshman PG is obviously a priority in the 21 class and we could go the route of a transfer PG to try and let Mike be more off ball, but I'm not convinced Mike actually is better off ball. He isn't the distributor that Jose is, but he has good handles and can score off the dribble fairly well. It's two years down the road so obviously things change but as of now I think he'll be the primary ball handler on the 2021 team backed by a freshman.