Thinking about new Head coach

Brian Johnson

Jolly Good Fellow
After this maybe 8-5 season if we lose to UGA and win bowl game I think CPJ is on hot seat. If CPJ doesn't win 9 next year I say he's done and losing to UGA would seal it to me. I'm asking y'all who do you think we should get ? I say fire CPJ only if we can get someone better not do the whole thing tech didn't in 1992 when Ross left. Firing CPJ scares me though, but if we can find someone better by all means let him go if he does this next season

Brian Johnson

Jolly Good Fellow
1992-1994 was the worst years in Tech football history under Lewis I don't want that and it's a risk firing CPJ unless we are 100% sure we have a shot at a better replacement!

Brian Johnson

Jolly Good Fellow
Im saying after next year it it doesn't change. I have always been a CPJ supporter but I don't want another gailey and since 2009 it's been just like CCG

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
UGA is as good as Clemson and they're starting to get some of their injured players back. That game will be just as lopsided as last night's game was. We will lose unfortunately. That will make us 7-5. If we end up losing a bowl game too, then we'd be 7-6.

And I'm not basing my opinion on 1 game...I'm basing it on us having only 1 solitary win versus Clemson, UGA, Miami, and Virginia Tech over the past 3 seasons. CPJ has the talent level at the lowest since B*** L****, in my opinion.

jzgt22

Jolly Good Fellow
Paul Johnson he used to coach at navy and ga southern. Won a couple of national championships at southern.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
This loss was not about scheme. This loss was entirely based on talent. You don't improve talent level at a school like ours by changing coaches every 5 year's. We've got a pretty darned good recruiting class coming in and unless there's a mass exodus in it, it might be prudent to let our coach build a program. Our talent level is at it's lowest since God knows when and we still consistently beat the teams we should and lose to teams which have increased their talent levels significantly in recent years (and VT).

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Talent, but more so playmaking ability is the lowest it has been Bainbridge. Clemson big plays were so reminiscent of CPJ first year. When Tahj saw us blitzing and he had 1-on-1 the outside he just threw it up to his playmakers and told them to go get it. Other than the blown coverage with Lou and the safety, we had good coverage on Clemson explosive plays, they just MADE PLAYS