Things I'd like to see today

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
If we are to see game by game progression these are the things I'd like to see today, win or lose, though a win would be fantastic on many levels.

1) D-line getting off their blocks and clogging the run lanes so our LBs can maintain their run fits
2) Better angles by our edge rushers and LBs getting after the QB. No more Chinese fire drill type angles and lack of body control
3) DBs need to press more off LOS. Get the WRs off their routes early and often. Disrupt their rhythm w/in 5 yards of LOS as no flags can be thrown unless you just tackle the guy
4)Ball security from the QB position
5) Brown involved more in the passing game. Gotta get him in space and stop trying to just throw vert routes for him with cover 2

What yall got?

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
3) DBs need to press more off LOS. Get the WRs off their routes early and often. Disrupt their rhythm w/in 5 yards of LOS as no flags can be thrown unless you just tackle the guy
All excellent points, but this one specifically was what led to the interception on Trevor Lawrence in the first half of our game. I would like to see more pressing at the line as well.

Edit: also less penalties.

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
All excellent points, but this one specifically was what led to the interception on Trevor Lawrence in the first half of our game. I would like to see more pressing at the line as well.

Yep! Exactly! We cannot keep giving 10 yard cushions to WRs who aren't really threats to beat us deep. Gotta jam at LOS. Just gotta!

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
All good points, but I'm especially focused on the first one. I would like to think that last week's pathetic showing against the run was more to do with road game lack of intensity than the fact that our line is really that bad.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
If we are to see game by game progression these are the things I'd like to see today, win or lose, though a win would be fantastic on many levels.

1) D-line getting off their blocks and clogging the run lanes so our LBs can maintain their run fits
2) Better angles by our edge rushers and LBs getting after the QB. No more Chinese fire drill type angles and lack of body control
4)Ball security from the QB position
5) Brown involved more in the passing game. Gotta get him in space and stop trying to just throw vert routes for him with cover 2

What yall got?
Don't get embarrassed at home, again. for starters.

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
All good points, but I'm especially focused on the first one. I would like to think that last week's pathetic showing against the run was more to do with road game lack of intensity than the fact that our line is really that bad.

So far, not so good. Getting swallowed up at the point of attack with relative ease.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
Defense has made some plays against one of the top OLs in the nation. Just need to string a few together. The hands to face penalty erased a great play.

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
Defense has made some plays against one of the top OLs in the nation. Just need to string a few together. The hands to face penalty erased a greatOregon.
The problem for us isn't making plays, all defenses make plays. We just don't make the plays when they're there for the taking at the most crucial times. We continue to get bullied off the LOS with ease which means our LBs are making tackles 3-5 yards beyond the LOS. Thats simply horrible. But that's recruiting. We continue to take poor angles at the the QB. Tackling fundamentals are atrocious as well.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
I think we have more talented linebackers but they are not ready. Curry knows the defense and is probably more consistent than the others. Knight has only been playing LB for a year and our freshmen have only been on campus 3 months. Right now, Curry is the best option.

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
I think we have more talented linebackers but they are not ready. Curry knows the defense and is probably more consistent than the others. Knight has only been playing LB for a year and our freshmen have only been on campus 3 months. Right now, Curry is the best option.

Agreed. Curry is out there because he can set the defense in the scheme with his knowledge. He actually is in position to make plays a good bit of the time but he has zero body control and it costs him.