1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

The Wall

Discussion in 'The Swarm Lounge' started by GTRambler, Dec 28, 2018.

1. GTRambler

GTRambler Helluva Engineer

LOL

GT_05 and AE 87 like this.
  2. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Helluva Engineer

It was actually a pretty good speech. Should have stayed away from the investigation comment. Overstated DPRK issue stating we would be at war but for him as POTUS. Other than those two things pretty excellent.

3. LibertyTurns

LibertyTurns Helluva Engineer

I went google searching because I would have sworn this speech was conceived by Reagan and written by Noonan. Absolutely shocked he delivered last night & yes the DPRK comment was a massive reach.

This Mueller investigation is going to come out & just wait. This thing is going to morph into into a beltway purge. Saw Podesta’s name come up recently. Yes, a Clinton machine major cog has the stink on him and the Globalist/Lawyer/DC Swamp Rat tail of treachery is particularly lucrative if Mueller goes even more out of bounds to try to find something t charge somebody with other than we trick ****ed someone into making a slightly contradictory statement over a 2 year period by asking obscure ambiguous questions.

Whiskey_Clear and bwelbo like this.
  4. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

I don’t know, the investigation was conceived and executed in smoke filled rooms full of Democrats, the DOJ, FBI, and Intelligence Services. That they found some people around Trump who had done bad things in the past is of no consequence to the current President. He knows he didn’t do anything with Russia and that the entire thing is a ruse to get him out of office.

The North Korean thing I wouldn’t have said. But the military complex is strong. Obama was voted to receive the Nobel Peace Prize before he was even inaugurated, yet when he left office we had troops fighting in like 6 new countries.

His mistake was in forgetting who the President would have been - Hillary. She likely would have just been sending basketballs over. /dunno

5. Whiskey_Clear

As a nation we have arrived at a fork in the road with regard to our sovereign borders and illegal immigration.

One side of the debate wishes to manage immigration reasonably, eliminate or greatly reduce illegal immigration, and attempt to insure our immigrants are are good people who wish to capture the American Dream as their predecessors did while benefiting from American liberty and freedom. And in so doing make America an even better, stronger country.

The other side of the debate truly seems to desire open borders for all regardless of criminal history or anything other than a desire to come to America for any reason.

There appears to be little common ground between these two factions. Legal immigrants have and will continue to contribute to our great nation. Open borders are not necessary for our country to continue to benefit from legal immigration. But one faction refuses to acknowledge the burdens illegal immigration places upon our citizens and legal immigrants.

This faction refuses to acknowledge the additional strain illegals place on our social welfare system and refuse to acknowledge the additional burden they place on our criminal justice system. They also refuse to acknowledge how unfair it is to allow illegals to “jump in line” ahead of legal immigrants who immigrate lawfully in the face of an overly cumbersome and lengthy legal immigration process.

Instead of backing common sense measures to remove criminal immigrants they actively take steps to prevent this. 88% of illegal immigrants in the custody of ICE have either been charged with or convicted of crimes that are not related to their illegal entry here. And the leaders of the DNC would see them set free to continue to break our laws and victimize our citizens. Where has their reason and sanity gone? What truly motivates this sort of immigration philosophy?

cyclejacket and bwelbo like this.
  6. MWBATL

MWBATL Helluva Engineer

I am very upset with what I am hearing the compromise is...

7. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Where has their reason and sanity gone? What truly motivates this sort of immigration philosophy?

I’ll answer - a permanent voting majority for Democrats. That’s what’s behind this. They’re crushing the wages and jobs of their very voters in the short term, in the hopes that in the long run they’ll have a permanent one party monopoly.

We may need to Balkanize and start over with a couple new countries.

8. MWBATL

MWBATL Helluva Engineer

Honestly, I'd be good with that...will save me the trouble of finding somewhere else to run to if the Progressive black shirts finally get control...

9. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

The funny (and sad) thing is they’re moving to the red states in droves. And while it’s nice to have confirmation our policies are preferred, they all start trying to change us into the places they just fled.

GT_05 and Whiskey_Clear like this.
  10. Whiskey_Clear

The age of American individualism and personal accountability has sadly come to an end I think. The majority of Americans now seem to prefer a nanny state to the “American Dream.”

Technut1990 and GT_05 like this.
  11. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Not 1 dollar. Never. Ever. Not going to happen. And then it does.

I don’t really care. I think Democrats and Republicans should celebrate working together. But I suspect Trump will rub it in like the a-hole troll he is.

The pathetic part is how on all the news stations they’re saying it’s not a wall, it’s a fence, and so on. I’m so ready to shut all the news stations down. Like we’re building 100s of miles of chain link fences or something.

12. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

BTW, if you want to read the bill, here it is: https://docs.house.gov/billsthisweek/20190211/CRPT-116hrpt9.pdf

I browsed through some of it by looking for keywords. There is some of the most bizarre and random stuff you'll ever see. There is a specific comment in the bill restricting the ability to transfer Khalid Sheik Mohammed (9/11 mastermind). There's another sentence saying CBP can't put restraints on any females. There's billions and billions in handouts to tons of nonprofits to fight such obscure things as "$500,000 is for a national clearinghouse 18 that provides training and technical assistance on 19 issues relating to sexual assault of American Indian 20 and Alaska Native women." This is how you end up at $22 Trillion in debt. This is what bi-partisan legislation looks like. You vote yes for it, and you get to grab millions and millions for yourself to hand out to your buddies.

Whiskey_Clear likes this.
  13. Whiskey_Clear

If I were Trump I would slow roll signing the bill and let the government shut down a few days. I’d go over it with a fine tooth comb. And veto it if it had too much pork or other BS...which it certainly has.

Then send it back and tell them to remove the garbage and send it back. I wouldn’t even argue any issues regarding wall funding.

GT_05 likes this.
  14. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

I agree totally. That's what all Presidents should have been doing. He could do a public press conference and highlight all the ridiculous pork. I think Americans would support that.

15. WreckinGT

WreckinGT Helluva Engineer

Congress would almost certainly override his veto if he did this.

16. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Yep. And thats why despite what Trump says or the media says or Congress says, the shutdown is all their fault and not his or theirs. If Congress wants to avoid a shutdown, they have full control over that.

Trump should still use his bully pulpit to point out how unresponsible Congress is with our money and best interests.

17. Whiskey_Clear

Make them. Win win.

bwelbo likes this.
  18. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

LOL, everyone contacted California to get them to sue (against the national emergency declaration) so they can use the loony 9th circuit. So California just agreed and announced they were suing. Hilariously, the Attorney General joined Gavin Newsome at the podium - he said he'd have to review the exact words of the declaration before being able to determine what they are suing about. LOL. Classic.

19. WrexRacer

WrexRacer Jolly Good Fellow

A smart play would have had a lawsuit ready to go in TX, then have Trump issue the order before the 9th opens. That way the case is filled first in TX.

bwelbo likes this.
  20. LibertyTurns

LibertyTurns Helluva Engineer

The 9th circuit wouldn’t care. They’re locked & loaded. I’m just waiting for the day when the 9th Circuit rules on a case that hasn’t even been filed yet!

bwelbo likes this.