The waaay tooooo early 'What is our first play gonna be???' thread...

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I found this clip of DM throwing a pass in high school. I wonder if CPJ is aware of his passing prowess? I'm gonna say yes and he's been saving it for the bowl, baybee!!!

ps. I found this because I was looking for a season highlight vid of DM. Nobody made one. WTF?

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
If you remember early in the season they ran play where DM threw and it was intercepted. I say toss to Qua and give him option to run or throw back to JT lol...sound familiar?!

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
Probably not the best idea to have Dedrick throw... his pass against Clemson didn't look to good from where I was seated.
I'm going counter option to the left, JT keeps for about 3 or 4 yards.

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
I found this clip of DM throwing a pass in high school. I wonder if CPJ is aware of his passing prowess? I'm gonna say yes and he's been saving it for the bowl, baybee!!!

ps. I found this because I was looking for a season highlight vid of DM. Nobody made one. WTF?

Mills already threw a pass against Clemson. We should probably never run that play again.

Although I am 100% a CPJ fan, he does have a bad knack of trotting out "trick" plays, or at least very unexpected ones, at the worst possible moment; the Peach Bowl and the Music City Bowl come to mind. And if not for the heads up play by Qua, that one play against the mutts was totally unnecessary and very well could have kept us from victory. Just stick with what you know works, Paul, and save those gimmick plays for practice, or when things just seem totally hopeless.

joeyE

Georgia Tech Fan
I bet it'll be a pass.
ACC teams that have played us a lot aren't memorized by the run.
Whereas 1-time opponents are so fixated on the Option & hear nothing about it for weeks.
Undoing all that with a pass on the 1st play is often a good strategy.

Re-running the Qua play would be fun, but in reality we need to establish from the beginning.
Maybe rerun the play to start the T game next spring.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I bet it'll be a pass.
ACC teams that have played us a lot aren't memorized by the run.
Whereas 1-time opponents are so fixated on the Option & hear nothing about it for weeks.
Undoing all that with a pass on the 1st play is often a good strategy.

Re-running the Qua play would be fun, but in reality we need to establish from the beginning.
Maybe rerun the play to start the T game next spring.
Bback wheel route has been very good to us in the past.

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
Obviously, it will be another backwards pass to Klock, who will throw back to Thomas. Who will then lateral to Searcy trailing behind for the pitch.

Kentucky will never see it coming. Not a hook-and-lateral, but a crossfield lateral-and-throwback-and-lateral.

You're welcome.

;)

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
For JT's last game I would love to see him lined up at a-back for one play and take a pitch to the boundary and split two defenders for a TD run... I guess we can all dream
JT would make one heck of an AB. Let's give MJ the start at QB and have JT play AB for a series. That would be fun. I wonder if JT can cut block?

FatPat

Jolly Good Fellow
Sorry boomer just have to; Can't have J running at the A- he just can't run thru tackles etc. he would just be another CL! (You know I will never let you live it down). We love ya though - merry Christmas

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I bet $ JT can lay some wood. He ain't the skinny kid that showed up at Tech. He's not JT (who is...JT was a monster at QB) but he is built pretty solid now.