The time is I drank beers w/ GT players

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
This is a pretty cool happenstance that occurred in 2011/2012? I'd have to go back and look at my FB photos to see, but anyways...

A group of my friends and I went to one of those MISERABLE afternoon Braves games during the dog days of summer. We've all done it and know how brutal it can be..

But this day I just so happened to be wearing my favorite GT shirt, navy blue with the gold GT on the chest.

We were all playing cornhole and grilling out when I heard someone yell "What's the good word!?" Immediately I stood at attention of those beautiful words and in my half drunken and sunburned state, I see a group of guys standing around a truck. Some where sitting in the bed, on fold out chairs and others were playing drinking games on a plastic folding table. I immediately walked over and noticed a few of these ol boys were giants and I instantly realized they were ball players.

I chatted with them and brought my group of friends over and our coolers too. They were all super cool and answered all my questions. Admittedly, I didnt recognize any of them by their faces but that didnt matter at the time.

The cool thing about this group of guys was that they were all circled around this black guy, sitting in the truck bed, like he was the king of The World. I later realized this was VAD F'ING LEE.....

So we're all having a good time, bull****tinnn and drinking and my buddy who is THE BEST beer shotgunning SOB I've ever met challenges this crazy monster dude with this thick AUSTRALIAN accent..... yep you know who it was.....

So they cut holes in their cans and prepare to gun these Miller lites and 1.....2......3..... GO!!!! Adam Gotsis shotguns a 12 ounce beer in literally 1.5 seconds and slams the can down with brute force and just smiles at my buddy while he just wipes the beer off his chin. After several rounds of beer pong and flip cup, we went our separate ways, but I will never forget seeing Gotsis chug that beer.

Sorry for the long post, but hopefully you guys enjoyed. I wish I could tell you all who the players were, but at that time I was just in fanboy shock that I was amongst this group of guys I admired. GO JACKETS!