The Texas Job

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
It is alright if a coach is quiet, if he asserts authority when needed. It is still not bad to walk lightly and carry a big stick. In my analysis, I have Strong as the best candidate, but wondered how he would last if the fans did not take to him at Texas. However, Briles lost a little luster with the loss to UCF, which shows that he is vulnerable on defensive coaching. His team also had a lot of points scored against them this past year. The Texas AD and boosters might take a chance on him since he has been asked to be interviewed by them this week. It is definitely an interesting situation. It is probably the highest profile job in the nation and would definitely be a boost for the black coaches in the nation. It just might happen.

yjack

Jolly Good Fellow
Seems that now the Texas search is including Jim Mora and he'll interview in a couple days. Personally, I'm not a Mora fan at all, even if he is successful...at the college level.

My concern about Strong's quiet personality wasn't in dealing with players, it was more the expected interactions with Texas boosters. And of course, face time on the esteemed Longhorn Network.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I have heard that local media (in Texas) thinks it is Art Briles. Period. That was before Baylor looked disinterested in this bowl game and lost. Of course, it could be that the players already knew he was leaving, and perhaps they lost interest as a result....

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Mack Brown vs. Nick Saban
One got fired, the other was the intended hire
One beat Oklahoma, the other lost
Texas fans and transitive property lovers should have a field day with this one

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Texas 247 site reporting Strong to be hired.

I'm shocked but I think its a great hire if true.