The Texas Job

Texas being the richest college program by a long shot, they can afford just about anybody. In an unfettered markeplace where no coach was bound to their present position by contract or buyout, who would be considered the best coach for Texas to hire? Pro, college, high school--makes no difference. Who would Texas end up with if it was just a matter of money? Who is out there that can make Texas Texas again? Can Texas even be the Texas of Darrel Royal again any more than we can ressurect the Dodd Years?

Yoda

Helluva Engineer
ND St/Wyoming coach is the type coach they need. I'd like to see someone like Jeff Fisher. Texas recruits itself so a pro coach wouldnt have to worry too much about the recruiting side of things.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
ND St/Wyoming coach is the type coach they need. I'd like to see someone like Jeff Fisher. Texas recruits itself so a pro coach wouldnt have to worry too much about the recruiting side of things.

Wyoming got a steal of a coach, imo. I thought he would be a Texas fit too, if not somewhere else.

One thing Fisher may encounter among other little things, are the rules about recruiting..etc. Then again, maybe not when it comes to the NCAA.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
Since all is pretty quiet, I believe Texas already has a promise from one of the bowl game coaches, but must wait until after the bowl game to announce it. If I had a team that had a chance at winning the National Championship, I certainly would not want it announced until after the bowl game. In fact, it would have to be top secret from Texas, and I would not tell anyone at the school I was currently representing. It might cause a less than desired attitude from the players in the bowl game.

Since only two teams have a shot at winning the NC, which one is it?

LibertyTurns

Banned
Oldgoldand white: Yep, looking for a Texas annoucement after certain bowl games, possibly the last one.
Not sure what kind of business you're in but if you're timing an announcement you do it for maximum impact/exposure. That would be no later than the morning of the 1st. All day everyone's welded to their sofas watching CFB after having stayed up late ringing in the new year. You get talked about for nearly 12 straight hours and additional coverage for 2 more days plus a few more plugs prior to the BCS game.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
Been hearing it's still Saban all the way. It doesn't matter that he signed the contract extension at Alabama; if the buyout is $25 million, do you think the big money boosters for the Horns aren't gonna pay that?

The long and the short of it was the big money alums asked Mack to step down and had the contract all ready for Saban, but Mack refused and due to the delay, Saban was "forced' to sign the extension with Alabama, with his agent telling Texas, "Too much heat, let's talk again after the new year."

Also read that after the Auburn game several Alabama fans cussed out Saban and called him a loser. What a bunch of ungrateful redneck losers. Then again, this is the same fanbase that murders for not being distraught enough for losing.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Been hearing it's still Saban all the way. It doesn't matter that he signed the contract extension at Alabama; if the buyout is $25 million, do you think the big money boosters for the Horns aren't gonna pay that?

The long and the short of it was the big money alums asked Mack to step down and had the contract all ready for Saban, but Mack refused and due to the delay, Saban was "forced' to sign the extension with Alabama, with his agent telling Texas, "Too much heat, let's talk again after the new year."

Also read that after the Auburn game several Alabama fans cussed out Saban and called him a loser. What a bunch of ungrateful redneck losers. Then again, this is the same fanbase that murders for not being distraught enough for losing.

That would certainly be interesting considering he issued a mea culpa on 60 minutes talking about how he really regretted publicly saying he wasn't going to Alabama when he was with the Dolphins knowing he was going to Alabama all along. He went one step further saying he felt his credibility with players, recruits, and parents was important so stuff like that didn't help. He's already issued a statement, and his wife issued a statement saying they weren't going to Texas.

If he ends up at Texas, he pretty much admits he's less than honest after kinda grandstanding about being dishonest about Alabama. Some coaches don't care if it means a better situation for them (Todd Graham!). Does Saban make himself look dishonest twice? As the world college football world turns....