Film Room The Summer Push VT Play 24

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
Really good pull by Shamire completely took his guy out of the play. Parker pushed his guy 3 yards down field. Very solid 1st down yardage.

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
Great job by Shamire not tripping over the center. He looks to me like he clearly lifts that right leg up to avoid the center's leg. That's some intricate footwork from the linemen.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Not a bad 5 yard pick up, but there were more yards to be had if a couple of things were done better.

First, MM was slow off the ball and, thus, through the gap. If he pulls a Laskey and explodes off the snap, there's no way #4 lays a finger on him.

Second, Lee wiffs on the safety. If he takes him out and MM hits the hole on time, it's off to the races.

All in all, however, I'll take 5 all day. Nice blocks by all the OL save one and hard running by Marcus.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Man, when Shamire is on, he absolutely erases people. He's not even trying all that hard on this play.

If Shamire can give us the the Shamire of the 2014 ACCCG, we get an easy 5+ yards every time we run behind him, and he's a high round draft pick.

I ain't backing down from my prediction last year. This is gonna be his year!

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Not a bad 5 yard pick up, but there were more yards to be had if a couple of things were done better.

First, MM was slow off the ball and, thus, through the gap. If he pulls a Laskey and explodes off the snap, there's no way #4 lays a finger on him.

He can't come off fast bc this is a counter play. He has to be patient to allow the puller to get across. RT Fromayan may have went to the 2nd tire too quickly before he secured the lugnut on the first

Deleted member 2897

Isolate on every single guy on the offensive line on this play. WOW. The only thing I can find is Lee whiffing on his block downfield, but that block just extends the play and is more of a nit than anything else. Shamire just ate up not just 1 guy, but the 2nd guy over there found himself behind 650 pounds of inescapable beef. I mean, wow, that is some great offensive line work all the way around.

I heard Brandon Adams is down something like 30 pounds from last year. If Shamire can show up down 30 pounds, we got some arrows in our quiver. I'm not holding my breath for it, because we're here saying the same thing every year...but man how about lets make it work for your Swan Song Shamire!

Sideways

Helluva Engineer

What is this play? A counter trap of some sort? A regular called dive? Something else? Sorry for my ignorance. In high school I played defense and it was pretty simple 3 deep zone. There is the ball go get it. Offense gives me headaches.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
He can't come off fast bc this is a counter play. He has to be patient to allow the puller to get across. RT Fromayan may have went to the 2nd tire too quickly before he secured the lugnut on the first

Thanks Ballin for answering my question. Can you imagine being a defensive tackle and seeing BIG Shamire Devine barreling down on you with a full head of steam. Thank you I will watch the carnage from the stands. Lord have mercy!

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This is a counter dive (based on the counter option). Mills did adjust his path more inside. It normally heads more outside.

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
Our 75 probably wanted to push 60 inside more but he got turned the wrong way, did a good job staying on his block though. If he keeps 60 inside, MM is either juking or trucking #6 and it's more like a 10 yard gain or more.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Agree for sure.
I think he started to follow sham but left too much space behind sham. When he cut behind parker, he hit parker and then the backside pursuit.
Had he followed sham and cut up he sham and parker would have made a meat grinder going away fro m pursuit.

All that said this is my favorite play as it shows we have athletes in the ol.