Film Room The Summer Push VT Play 10

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Interesting play, not sure I've seen it

I guess this would be called Power Speed option (idk) never seen it with backside guard pulling.

Helluva block by Kenny Cooper taking the DT almost 5 yds back and Will(?) getting up to the LB. This could've went for more if Lee gets a piece of #54

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
With the pulling guard and Jordan's angle, I assumed it was a QB Power dressed up like a speed option. Could be a legit option though...Jordan may have really quickly recognized the stunt and re-directed his path

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Looks almost like a speed option, but it also has a pulling guard. Let's call this one a QB trap play.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Our LT goes after the MLB same as Will. If he just looks to his right and chucks the DE, that play goes further. The DE is the guy who makes the tackle. Both our tackles miss on this play, imo.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
I thought this was a designed QB keeper all the way. We ran a lot of QB keepers in this game. This one just had a draw + trap since it was 3rd and long.

I see what you guys are saying with speed option, but to my (bad and untrained) eye the B back is a diversion and MJ was never pitching the ball.

/

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
I thought this was a designed QB keeper all the way. We ran a lot of QB keepers in this game. This one just had a draw + trap since it was 3rd and long.

I see what you guys are saying with speed option, but to my (bad and untrained) eye the B back is a diversion and MJ was never pitching the ball.

/

That's what I was thinking.
CPJ likes MJ's running ability and always has run designed keeps with him.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Mj definitely is 4-5 yds YAC when he has head of steam.

The center brush blocked the dt 98 then got mlb in grocery cart!! Awesome.

The left ab did poor job of sealing back side.

Left guard pulling sure suprised de. Parker is so athletic .

Will engages high- and drives like a tank.

IMO - on a play call like this the athleticism of jay jones would be scary

Like flea said we kicked ***.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I guess this would be called Power Speed option (idk) never seen it with backside guard pulling.

Helluva block by Kenny Cooper taking the DT almost 5 yds back and Will(?) getting up to the LB. This could've went for more if Lee gets a piece of #54

RG 70 really did the job on the LB.Kept his feet and PUSHED him bigtime.

Deleted member 2897

RG 70 really did the job on the LB.Kept his feet and PUSHED him bigtime.

Yup, look at the difference between what Bryan does (70) compared to Lee (53). There is a time and place for cuts and for just straight up engagement. Sometimes I think you have to recognize when you're not in position to cut, and you'll just end up flopping around on the ground like a fish out of water.