Film Room The Summer Push QB Runs Spring Game

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The block is at the 50 on the sideline. I could not tell if it was incidental as the blockie backs into the blocker... but the blocker does give a little shove.

Deleted member 2897

How about on the second play that gets blown up, Qua speeds past TM and gets a block to add another 5 yards to the run. Man, I continue to like a lot of what I see. I mean, isolating every single OL and rewatching rewatching - there is a lot of goodness going on in all these replays.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
TM is being over looked... but I do see what everyone is seeing in the young JJ and LJ. TM is more game day ready right now, but JJ and LJ could be game ready by the end of Fall.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
On the third play, the edge defender (the one blocked in the back) takes at least 2 full seconds too long to turn and play the ball. I know he's manning the receiver, but as soon as the qb crosses the LOS, you gotta come off.

doug

Georgia Tech Fan
TM is being over looked... but I do see what everyone is seeing in the young JJ and LJ. TM is more game day ready right now, but JJ and LJ could be game ready by the end of Fall.
I only watched the first half of the spring game but I noticed that Jones and Johnson didn't run a single inside veer play, while the offense ran several when Marshall was in. I don't know if that changed in the second half because I didn't watch it, but if Jones and Johnson aren't running our bread and butter play, then they aren't anywhere near game ready.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
If MJ is ready then I say put Marshall at A Back. He needs touches. To good to keep off the field. If JJ and LJ can't get it done as backup QB's then put TM back but a kid with his ability needs to be on the field. Hell, I'd like to see TM take a toss from Jordan and pull up and pass to a streaking Lynch or Qua at the other A back spot or a WR running down the sideline.

Deleted member 2897

If MJ is ready then I say put Marshall at A Back. He needs touches. To good to keep off the field. If JJ and LJ can't get it done as backup QB's then put TM back but a kid with his ability needs to be on the field. Hell, I'd like to see TM take a toss from Jordan and pull up and pass to a streaking Lynch or Qua at the other A back spot or a WR running down the sideline.

The problem with moving him to A-Back is that he would then cut into playing time for Clinton Lynch, Qua Searcy, JJ Green, Xavier Gantt, and Nate Cottrell. I mean, throw a blanket over all them, I think it would be better to redshirt him than burn another redshirt year with just a smattering of playing time.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
QB runs to demonstrate ability...

Those cats have more gears than an 18 wheeler. The athletic ability is remarkable. Sure they are fast but boy howdy all of them are quicker and more slippery than greased lightning. Trying to corral them is like trying to nail jelly on a wall. Amazing. I feel bad for the defensive players it made me tired just watching them. May be time for another nap.

Last edited:

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
The problem with moving him to A-Back is that he would then cut into playing time for Clinton Lynch, Qua Searcy, JJ Green, Xavier Gantt, and Nate Cottrell. I mean, throw a blanket over all them, I think it would be better to redshirt him than burn another redshirt year with just a smattering of playing time.
Yea, true. I thought he already took a red shirt but then again I haven't looked.