Film Room The Summer Push Play 5

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Is this play a counter trap or something else? The man that first hit DM gave it a pretty good shot but it is hard to slow down a runaway freight train.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Is this play a counter trap or something else? The man that first hit DM gave it a pretty good shot but it is hard to slow down a runaway freight train.

Yeah, it looks like a Trap that DM did a grat job bouncing outside. I think it's designed for the AGap, but the D really pinched down.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
51? What was that? Guess he was supposed to crash the middle? If he tead and slide he would have been in great position.

I was critical of lee on earlier play. On this one he and parker made a huge pile in the middle and Will came all the way down and got hit on 42 who was pinching. 26 is quick when he sees the whole. WOW.

Deleted member 2897

Looks like Bryan was supposed to pull and take Freeman right? An odd looking play with Mills with the ball and THREE guys without the ball behind him. Of course one is Cottrell who blocks the LB. Ugly roll up on Brad Stewart at the end.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
51? What was that? Guess he was supposed to crash the middle? If he tead and slide he would have been in great position.

I was critical of lee on earlier play. On this one he and parker made a huge pile in the middle and Will came all the way down and got hit on 42 who was pinching. 26 is quick when he sees the whole. WOW.

I think both Lee and Braun were trying to get to the next level. Our DL was pinching down to keep our LB clean, but it just clogged up the inside and opened up the outside.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Mills mentioned in an interview he has been working with a vision training technology and he said he noticed it helped on certain runs in the Spring game. I wonder if this is one of the runs he was talking about.

On further review, I'm almost certain this is one of them. KF is slow to react to Mills move to the outside. It's almost like he knew the play was supposed to go inside and that Mills would follow the design come hell or high water. Little did he know Mills would see the opening behind him and take it.

Last edited:

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
What a run! Mills is an absolute machine. His play was so limited in the Spring game that I forgot how good he looked when he was in. I'm excited to see what he does this year!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
45a7deca509bebbc20fa10783b3338f4.jpg

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I love the way he runs through tackles. It seems like a few years ago we had some guys who would fall down if you just tapped them.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Great run by Mills!!! Get a look at his calf muscles.

Also, plays like this kinda makes you understand why Vic hasn't seen the field considering our lackluster LB play. Guard pulls right in front of him and he doesn't slide over the type towards the play. This is the type of stuff that gets you beat no matter the offense

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
Great run by Mills!!! Get a look at his calf muscles.

Also, plays like this kinda makes you understand why Vic hasn't seen the field considering our lackluster LB play. Guard pulls right in front of him and he doesn't slide over the type towards the play. This is the type of stuff that gets you beat no matter the offense

Maybe the LBs were keying on the A back motion and this was a counter. The pitch was wide open too.

/