Film Room The Summer Push Play 27

Techster

Helluva Engineer
It's always a good decision to run a follow behind Shamire. Given that midlines and follows will become a bigger part of our offense, I expect to see more Shamire.

Awesome job by KC as well on that play. Scraping the DT off the snap, and getting out to block the OLB.

MJ showing his wheels!

stech81

Helluva Engineer
It's always a good decision to run a follow behind Shamire. Given that midlines and follows will become a bigger part of our offense, I expect to see more Shamire.

Awesome job by KC as well on that play. Scraping the DT off the snap, and getting out to block the OLB.

MJ showing his wheels!
I would like to see Shamire play more but he needs to drop about 40 pounds . Hope he is working on it over the summer.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Will B and Parker are clear starters, but as in end of 2014, sham should play last third of game. T he defense is known, he is fresh and his NON cut blocks are awesome.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

MJ showing his wheels!
Sham did well here, but #60 shot the A gap right out of the play.

I have no idea what #4 was looking at because MJ ran right by him and he didn't even try to make a play on him.

Ike (I think) does a fantastic job sealing off #24. That was the key block, imo. Marcus had a nice block on the safety, as well!

Last edited:

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Sham did well here, but #60 shot the A gap right out of the play.

I have no idea what #4 was looking at because MJ ran right by him and he didn't even try to make a play on him.

Ike (I think) does a fantastic job sealing off #24. That was the key block, imo. Marcus had a nice block on the safety, as well!

I also give some credit to Lynch who drew respect from 3 defenders who pursued him to the outside, taking themselves out of position to make a play. #4 is closing down inside hard as he took the BB fake and he cannot stop (and he is tangled with A Marshall) to do anything with MJ.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Beautiful play by the center making 2 separate blocks to spring this.

Their LDE didn't set the edge, took himself out of the play, and was in process of defensive holding on our RT as MJ scooted right by him.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Parker tried to cut block the st.
So did Lee but he belly flopped.
Center (Looks to me) did not block the dt as his move was down field, head never at Dt always downfield. The dt engaged him and used his hands fighting to escape.
Cooper has played well in this game.

On shams block the st shot inside but sham is so big and strong he caught him and blocked him w left shoulder.

The MLB is reading something that is not a tell. He ran out of play. In 15 ND and Duke games the MLB knew something and beat the pitch to the ab

Last edited:

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Cooper scraped the DT on his way to the 2nd level...that DT then got cut. The argument is whether the DT was engaged high by Coop when he got cut. I believe the no call here was correct but it's a judgment call in real time for the refs.

Their DE was holding our RT on this play more flagrantly than the possible chop imo and was also a "no call".

If a ref wanted to call a ridiculously super strict game he could probably throw a flag on every play and find one penalty that could be argued as such.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
I remember when CPJ put Jordan at aback because he wanted him to play more. It shocked me because I thought he wasn't that athletic. I had him pegged as strong but on the slow side. This playchanged my view of him. His strength and speed are a nice fit for this offense.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Cooper scraped the DT on his way to the 2nd level...that DT then got cut. The argument is whether the DT was engaged high by Coop when he got cut. I believe the no call here was correct but it's a judgment call in real time for the refs.

Their DE was holding our RT on this play more flagrantly than the possible chop imo and was also a "no call".

If a ref wanted to call a ridiculously super strict game he could probably throw a flag on every play and find one penalty that could be argued as such.
Nm

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
I also give some credit to Lynch who drew respect from 3 defenders who pursued him to the outside, taking themselves out of position to make a play. #4 is closing down inside hard as he took the BB fake and he cannot stop (and he is tangled with A Marshall) to do anything with MJ.
#6 went with the motion AB while the play side safety crashed down with his assignment AB.