The Search 2

shakim3

Jolly Good Fellow
LOL.

Renewing while upping buyout on BB coach at basement of conf. Check.

Slowplaying renewable of FB coach at top of conf, Check.

Retaining BB coach after trying to raise funds on firing him, Check.

Firing BB coach after 20 win season without a replacement solidly in hand. Check.

He's blown almost every major decision on two revenue sports.

#2: Highly debatable

#4: An assumption you are making as he hasn't made a hire yet.

It's funny how people all of a sudden come out of the woodwork attacking the AD when their dream hires don't come true.

mts315

Ramblin' Wreck

It's funny how people all of a sudden come out of the woodwork attacking the AD when their dream hires don't come true.
I don't have a dream coach and if I did Bryce Drew would not be it, I was willing to give him a chance as from all appearances he would have a shot at being a good hire. If, I know IF, what has been reported is true in that we cut our other candidates loose because we thought we had Drew and now we don't, we are back as square one in the hiring process. Except this time we have rejected our top line candidates and are scrambling to get guys we didn't even want to interview or look at in the first round.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

LOL. I complained about all those decisions when they happened. And I'm hardly coming out of the woodwork.

I didn't have a dream hire for BB, and was actually expecting MBob to get this one right.

shakim3

Jolly Good Fellow
This being a tough job to sell is a reflection of either incompetence or indifference.

Some are saying Tech can only give 1.5 mil a year right now, the team is going to stink next year, the fans don't come to games, academic requirements are tough. This isn't a 1 year fix and will need to be undertaken by someone who has the teeth to get through the tough times.

I don't have a dream coach and if I did Bryce Drew would not be it, I was willing to give him a chance as from all appearances he would have a shot at being a good hire. If, I know IF, what has been reported is true in that we cut our other candidates loose because we thought we had Drew and now we don't, we are back as square one in the hiring process. Except this time we have rejected our top line candidates and are scrambling to get guys we didn't even want to interview or look at in the first round.

We still haven't hired anyone, why not wait until a hire is made before bringing out the pitchforks?

LOL. I complained about all those decisions when they happened. And I'm hardly coming out of the woodwork.

I didn't have a dream hire for BB, and was actually expecting MBob to get this one right.

And he still hasn't gotten it wrong...

shakim3

Jolly Good Fellow
It's very easy to get angry and frustrated when things don't go the way they seem they should go. I prefer to let the people paid to do their jobs do them, and then process an opinion when enough time has passed to do so.

gtfan088

Georgia Tech Fan
Some are saying Tech can only give 1.5 mil a year right now, the team is going to stink next year, the fans don't come to games, academic requirements are tough. This isn't a 1 year fix and will need to be undertaken by someone who has the teeth to get through the tough times.

We still haven't hired anyone, why not wait until a hire is made before bringing out the pitchforks?

And he still hasn't gotten it wrong...

If we're strapped for cash, why did we fire Gregory?

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Firing BB coach after 20 win season without a replacement solidly in hand. Check.

A 20 win season is meaningless. Keeping/firing a coach isn't about reward/punishment for a "good"/bad season. It's about the belief in him to do what the program needs him to do. There was zero faith in gregory to do what the program needed him to do, thus he was fired. Having a guy in hand already is irrelevant to that decision.

gtfan088

Georgia Tech Fan
A 20 win season is meaningless. Keeping/firing a coach isn't about reward/punishment for a "good"/bad season. It's about the belief in him to do what the program needs him to do. There was zero faith in gregory to do what the program needed him to do, thus he was fired. Having a guy in hand already is irrelevant to that decision.

If that's the case, he should've been fired the year before.