The Search 2

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Topic is silly. MBob played the entire thing close to the vest so much so that nobody "in the know" thought he was going to fire gregory in the first place, but those same people are the ones that putting out the information that people bought into.

Just let the damned thing play out and judge the hire once we know who it actually is.

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
Topic is silly. MBob played the entire thing close to the vest so much so that nobody "in the know" thought he was going to fire gregory in the first place, but those same people are the ones that putting out the information that people bought into.

Just let the damned thing play out and judge the hire once we know who it actually is.
I thought he should have been fired after he extended cbg in the first place.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I'm for an upgrade in brain power ....

box_of_rocks_by_jbeverlygreene-d6h025c.jpg

mts315

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm sorry but the evidence is stacking up against MBob. He was brought in because of his expertise in Basketball. He has failed at that, he is exactly the same a mid-major coach who couldn't hack it when he stepped up in competition.

shakim3

Jolly Good Fellow
This is silly. Judging an AD because he didn't hire the guy you wanted him to when nobody has been hired yet...

You can't judge an AD in the hiring department until ~2 years after making a hire.

mts315

Ramblin' Wreck
This is silly. Judging an AD because he didn't hire the guy you wanted him to when nobody has been hired yet...

You can't judge an AD in the hiring department until ~2 years after making a hire.
He already has 2 strikes in my book other than being fairly distant with the fanbase...
1. Giving CBG an extension with an increase buyout when the writing was on the wall that he was not going to be the guy
2. Leaving CPJ and the football program dangling without an extension. It took an 11 win season and an Orange Bowl victory to get that done.

gtfan088

Georgia Tech Fan

Serious question though: What has MBob done as AD up to this point that anyone could offer as a ringing endorsement?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

LOL.

Renewing while upping buyout on BB coach at basement of conf. Check.

Slowplaying renewable of FB coach at top of conf, Check.

Retaining BB coach after trying to raise funds on firing him, Check.

Firing BB coach after 20 win season without a replacement solidly in hand. Check.

He's blown almost every major decision on two revenue sports.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I don't know what that means Francis

But lighten up.

If you can't laugh at yourself or your sports teams misfortune who can you laugh at? All in good fun my man. Put the protest sign down and hit this.

shakim3

Jolly Good Fellow
He already has 2 strikes in my book other than being fairly distant with the fanbase...
1. Giving CBG an extension with an increase buyout when the writing was on the wall that he was not going to be the guy
2. Leaving CPJ and the football program dangling without an extension. It took an 11 win season and an Orange Bowl victory to get that done.

Point number 2 is a severely debatable point as I still hear people constantly asking for CPJ to be fired.

And yes the extension didn't make a lot of sense initially, but he needed to provide a semblance of stability for recruits. There are a lot of factors that go into a decision like this. He has proven he knows basketball at other schools, so let him make a hire and then judge him.

Our job isn't an easy one to fill.

shakim3

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't know what that means Francis

But lighten up.

If you can't laugh at yourself or your sports teams misfortune who can you laugh at? All in good fun my man. Put the protest sign down and hit this.

The ironic part about this post is that my response was a joke. Look up Silento.