The return of Uncle Rico

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Yea, I would assume you won't fool CPJ twice with the same stuff, and I also believe NDs defensive talent last year was better than UGAs defensive talent at the moment. Obviously Kirby is trying to get better info vs the option, so I'm hoping we are ready for it.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Trying to prep for the TO is hard enough. Now adding someone else to come in and try to give there input in 4 days of practice seems like it would only confuse and make it harder for the players.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Trying to prep for the TO is hard enough. Now adding someone else to come in and try to give there input in 4 days of practice seems like it would only confuse and make it harder for the players.

He's a consultant so they mainly watch film, break down tape, watch practice and observe. At least that's what their official capacity is supposed to be. He started breaking down GT film last week. Essentially its a faster way to break down film and have more eyes on stuff to find tendencies.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
As Johnson often says, it's not what the coaches know but what they can teach the players. Even if Van Gorder has the silver bullet (he doesn't), it won't matter unless the players can learn it.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
To me this shows that we are in Kirbys head and he knows that he needs to win this game his first year or he's going to have a **** load of heat on him all off season. They're lucky to have 7 wins and the fans know it and I'm sure he knows it. Lose this game and he's going to hear about it for a long time. This looks more like a desperate coach trying not to lose.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
If (when) we win UGA fans will blame it on ritch not leaving any talent and them being on a down year. If they win UGA fans will say they beat us own a down year with a team of no talent. Even if we win its a lose lose with the UGA fans lol. And the ajc article (posted on another thread) already shows they are trying to come up with excuses if (when) they lose.