The rejuvenation of a position: Georgia Tech wide receivers edition

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
A good QB can make average receivers look good. I don't really think we have any idea how good our receivers are since we had so few routes in the playbook.

I'll be happy if we have a couple guys that can just catch the ball on third down. We can jazz it up as talent allows but I'm pretty sure we have enough to add a credible passing dimension to our offense even if its vanilla.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Jalen Camp is a senior next year?! Holy crap, some guys seem like they've been here forever (Parker Braun) and other guys seem like they just got here (Jalen Camp).

when your total catches in 3 years of playing is under 10; that means you hardly notice him and it feels like he is new. I am guessing he is more than excited about the change in scheme.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I didn't read the article but my take that is in 2 yrs the new recruits will TAKEOVER the WR positions.ex--This last guy from Pa. runs the most sophisticated routes for a Tech recruit in a while. z-ins, Z-outs, slow and go, reverse out to EZ corner, etc (his competition must be weak because he looks GREAT on tape). then, there' s Brown, the little long pass burner from FLA. Then the other Fla guy who seems spent his career running slot routes it seems. The guy from Marietta is big and a runner after catch..

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Can someone just copy and paste the damn thing? I doubt the FBI will come looking for you on gtswarm.com