The real question going forward about ST

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Best thing about Harvin is he has 3 more years. Now let’s figure out why the rest of the special teams is such a cluster.

I honestly believe King will be a very good PK. He's finally healthy and his accuracy, so far, is damn good. Leg strength will improve as he matures. His FG last night was the 2nd longest in Tech history behind a 46 yarder by Harrison in his freshman year. Coverage and blocking in the return game definitely needs to be improved!

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I honestly believe King will be a very good PK. He's finally healthy and his accuracy, so far, is damn good. Leg strength will improve as he matures. His FG last night was the 2nd longest in Tech history behind a 46 yarder by Harrison in his freshman year. Coverage and blocking in the return game definitely needs to be improved!

Making that kick in that situation (end of half) will pay dividends going forward. "Clutch" is not a trait that can be coached imo. A guy either has that or he doesn't.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
I agree that between King and Davis we will be fine at PK, but last night alone was a comedy of errors and bad play....

Bad KO coverage especially when the Wake guy fielded the ball at the corner of the goal line.
Brad Stewart fair catching a ball at the 2. WTF Brad?!?!?
A rolled snap on an extra point.
Our KO returns are a waste there’s such bad blocking.

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
Wasn't Butker's a 49 yarder in his freshman year? What about the 53 yarder against ugag?

King was clutch last night, happy to see that. I feel confident in our FGs to some degree. But two knuckleball KOs in a row that went(or almost went) out of bounds in the exact same spot? And what about when we went for 4th and 10 when it would've been about a 45 yard field goal?

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
Wasn't Butker's a 49 yarder in his freshman year? What about the 53 yarder against ugag?

King was clutch last night, happy to see that. I feel confident in our FGs to some degree. But two knuckleball KOs in a row that went(or almost went) out of bounds in the exact same spot? And what about when we went for 4th and 10 when it would've been about a 45 yard field goal?
PJ said in the post game presser that after we rolled the snap on the extra point, he was hesitant to try and kick the FG on the 4th and 10.