The Ratio - GT Class of '25 Edition

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
58% male, 42% female

1618335989419.png

hotpocketsyum

Georgia Tech Fan
As neat as this is, for the past 5 years, the enrolled profile ratio has been around 4-5% lower than the admitted profile ratio. Still super excited to see that grow almost 10% in 10 years though

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
"....I'd dress her in white and gold, and put her on the campus, to change the ratio..." That 's what the students sing these days.

But don't count on having your son or daughter on the campus as a student.

I'm still annoyed with admissions for giving no credit for being a legacy. My older son took advantage of the transfer program they have for legacies. He just finished with a 4.0 for the semester in IE at Tech. He clearly wasn't qualified out of HS.

My younger son, who is a better student than his brother, graduated from a HS that was rated the number 1 public HS in the country by US News the year he graduated. Tech only admitted 2 kids from his class and he wasn't one of them. He went to another school that is harder to get into than Tech (and where we have no family connections). As a sophomore he was one of 25 students (including grad students) at the University who won the President's Award to do overseas research. His school gained a good student, and Tech lost a good student by not considering legacy status.

Not considering legacy status will cost Tech in the long run. The Ivies have no problem with considering legacy status.

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
Tech is incredibly difficult to get into, much more competitive admissions than when I was admitted almost 20 years ago. I’d be elated if my son got into Tech, but I’d also be very happy if he got into an even more selective university.