The Process Episode 5

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
I would love to sit in on Vad and CPJ breaking down that film. I read post everytime I look at the play. I wonder if his primary is wheel on that play. Seems backwards to me.

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Good stuff, glass half empty but I hope they show more stuff from actual practice. Loved watching the Darren Waller play.

I really like Young's attitude about this season. He seems humbled in many ways.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
Best one yet, IMO. I'm really impressed at how these guys really strive to get better. As fan, it's nice to see the hard work and know they are invested in this team being successful.

xenoabe

Jolly Good Fellow
I would love to sit in on Vad and CPJ breaking down that film. I read post everytime I look at the play. I wonder if his primary is wheel on that play. Seems backwards to me.
I think his primary was the post but FSU baited him into the wrong read when he should have looked off to the wheel route. Maybe?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if post was primary too, maybe he thinks he should have glanced at the wheel before deciding. He did say he thinks he threw to the wrong guy. You know, I tweeted him about this very play after our discussion. He never replied.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if post was primary too, maybe he thinks he should have glanced at the wheel before deciding. He did say he thinks he threw to the wrong guy. You know, I tweeted him about this very play after our discussion. He never replied.

Did you ask for his phone #?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
No, but I got those pictures of the showeroom you asked for.

smh

http://michigan.scout.com/2/1313094.html

But sometimes Gardner gets weird requests from fans – specifically males.

“They always ask for my phone number,” Gardner said. “I just don’t know why they always do that. …I do not give it to them.

“It’s usually guys, it’s weird. I am all for meeting new girls and things like that. But it’s usually guys. It’s weird to me and I rather it be more girls or something. You would think the quarterback would have a lot girls asking him, right? Grown men, young men, kids, it’s crazy.”

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer

Who knows, it is probably a difference between run n shoot and progression reads. I know on a similar play we had, I would check if FS was getting depth as to whether I could throw to #1. I would never get to the second progression (Post-Wheel-Curl) on this play. Based on his comments, though, I'm implying that was supposed to be a coverage read moreso than a true progression read.

In a run-n-shoot, I understand it to be more of a coverage-option read so it would go something like:
First read SS depth. If deep middle/man, CB. If deep half, FS. If he comes up, launch it.
FS- depth determines #1 route Post or Seam.
CB- depth determines #2 wheel or #3 curl/in

Now, where I fail is how a QB is supposed to determine whether the SS is playing inside leverage on deep half or if he's playing deep middle in the first three steps of a drop. May be what happened on this play.