The Official Bay Bay Day Thread / Breaking Down the Screen Pass with Demaryius Thomas

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Techster, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Techster

Techster Helluva Engineer

Brian Johnson likes this.
  2. RamblinCharger

RamblinCharger Helluva Engineer

I think we would bring it back and use it more often, but we need a receiver that can burn a corner over the top like bey bey could. They played off of him and that made the smoke route work so well. That and they stacked the box because we had Dwyer and Nesbit in the middle so bey bey could get the smoke and stiff arm the corner and a safety was the only guy left to beat if he wasn't already taking it to the house. I sure do miss having those 3 on offense. It was so great to watch.

techman78 and stylee like this.
  3. Techster

Yup. When I say "I miss those", what I really mean is I miss having a player like BeyBey who can take advantage of those plays.

4. CuseJacket

CuseJacket Administrator Staff Member

5. CuseJacket

Pretty funny pre- 2010 NFL draft thread by Dolphins fans in hindsight.

The OP starts with:
    • "We need to draft Demaryius "Bey Bey" Thomas with pick #12, he is by far the best blocking WR in the draft need proof just look at the offense that GT ran that will prove it to you doubters, next he may be running sub 4.4 forties at 6' 3" 224 lbs that is awesome just watch some film of his ball skills if you do not believe it"

Responses were overwhelmingly negative, though several had fair points re: his readiness year 1. Here are humorous ones:
    • "1st round?.....no way"
    • "We're not the Raiders. We don't reach that drastically..."
    • "yea good blocker but cant run routes i dont want him unless he drops into the 3rd round bc theres talented wr's later that id much rather have at their pick."

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?469127-Official-Draft-Bey-Bey-Thomas-Post

bat_082994 likes this.
  6. CuseJacket

7. CuseJacket

8. AE 87

AE 87 Helluva Engineer

It's Bay Bay, fwiw

9. CuseJacket

Thanks, updated. I even googled to make sure I spelled it right. Guess I still chose wrong.

10. Ggee87

Ggee87 Helluva Engineer

Im so ready for D.Thomas to humiliate Sherman. Passing game and running game should benefit from D.T. size and mind.

bat_082994 likes this.
  11. CuseJacket

12. Techster

Sherman v Thomas is a great game within a game. Of course, the rest of Seattle's defensive backfield is pretty stout as well.

Sherman isn't as bad as what happenend those 2 minutes after the NFC title game. Regrettable few minutes, but he's actually a pretty good guy that does a lot in the community and in his childhood neighborhood.

Anyhow...our old friend Kam "I've GT's offense figured out" Chancellor is also part of that secondary. I think DT needs to de-cleat him for old times sake.

13. Techster

Interesting fact about DT: he scored a 35 on the Wonderlic Test.

He's a pretty smart dude...and you can tell by how he plays with Manning. You can't be a stupid WR and play with Manning.

14. ybeenormal

ybeenormal Helluva Engineer

Kam And that Seattle d is playing lights out. Can't believe the icon manning could only muster 11 total yards in the first quarter

15. AE 87

AE 87 Helluva Engineer

Moreno on o
    Bailey on d

Nuff said

stylee likes this.
  16. AE 87

AE 87 Helluva Engineer

My hometown of Winter Park, FL just got a shout out. Pretty cool

17. Ggee87

Ggee87 Helluva Engineer

Wow! What a catch.