The Official 2020 Color Debate Thread

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Last 3 responses on ignore list. Haha.

Luh hooooos ah uuuurs.

Oh dear. Someone is as giddy as the lil girl with new panties.

I was just curious why it was lit up. I thought that was only on special occasions.

Either way IDGAS as to why or the color.

But for some it seems to be a thrill to have it match their nutz.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
The red ruins these..
ab9da361d9dc51b6b07336f23dd39cfd.png

https://www.nike.com/t/epic-react-flyknit-2-se-mens-running-shoe-2S0Cn1

But they’re almost good enough to buy and cover the red with black plastidip

Last edited:

Look at the shades in that black and white picture, and tell me that colorization is accurate. NO WAY. I know Tech sometimes wore blue jerseys in 1942 (at Athens for one), but if the jersey in that black and white photo is blue, it is definitely not dark blue like the one in the colorization. I think a more appropriate colorization, based solely on the shades in the b/w photo, would be gold jersey and off-white pants.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I’m sure most of you color watchers are aware, but the GT football twitter page has been running polls since last week on what the favorite uniforms from last year were. The 4 that got the most votes were G/W/G, Gold/gray/gray, W/W/G, and G/G/W. Interesting that none of the blue options won their respective polls. Also I’m a little surprised by the low number of votes on the polls. Only about 350 on most of them, but G/W/G got by far the largest amount of votes. I’ll be interested to see how it does against the new school gray. I would imagine the final will be G/W/G vs. G/G/W, so if you want to see a particular look more often, this is a pretty easy way to let it be known.

I’m sure most of you color watchers are aware, but the GT football twitter page has been running polls since last week on what the favorite uniforms from last year were. The 4 that got the most votes were G/W/G, Gold/gray/gray, W/W/G, and G/G/W. Interesting that none of the blue options won their respective polls. Also I’m a little surprised by the low number of votes on the polls. Only about 350 on most of them, but G/W/G got by far the largest amount of votes. I’ll be interested to see how it does against the new school gray. I would imagine the final will be G/W/G vs. G/G/W, so if you want to see a particular look more often, this is a pretty easy way to let it be known.

I have a Twitter account, but how do I vote in that poll?

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
So where are the polls? Or are they closed now with results to be given on Tuesday and Thursday?
Here are the results from the old polls. The 2 this week are just between the top 4 vote getters from last week.

Poll #1 Weeks 1&7 vs. Week 2

Poll #2 Week 3 vs. Week 4

Poll #3 Week 5 vs. Week 6

Poll #4 Week 8 vs. Week 9

Poll #5 Week 11 vs. Week 12

These polls are all closed with the winners already decided. The 4 combos being voted on this week were the 4 winners with the most votes last week.

Here are the results from the old polls. The 2 this week are just between the top 4 vote getters from last week.

Poll #1 Weeks 1&7 vs. Week 2

Poll #2 Week 3 vs. Week 4

Poll #3 Week 5 vs. Week 6

Poll #4 Week 8 vs. Week 9

Poll #5 Week 11 vs. Week 12

These polls are all closed with the winners already decided. The 4 combos being voted on this week were the 4 winners with the most votes last week.

Gotcha. Thanks.
Anybody familiar with my feelings about team colors will obviously not be surprised to see that I am thrilled, that none of the blue uniforms were winners. LOL

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Week 4 (GWW) should've won, that uniform is sick
I hope whenever the next whiteout is (whether it be this season or the next season college football plays games) Tech wears the week 4 white jersey/pants combo with the white helmet/gold facemask from week 9. This is one case where I’m not sure why navy has been the complementary color for whiteouts over the years, and I generally like the use of navy.