The Offensive Line Makes the ALL BOWL Team

reubenjet

Jolly Good Fellow
Way to go Jacket OL!! On a side note...I remember seeing Minnesota TE Maxx Williams score on that "double-hurdle" play and thinking to myself, "That was freakin' AWESOME!" When was the last TE we had to go pro?

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
Way to go Jacket OL!! On a side note...I remember seeing Minnesota TE Maxx Williams score on that "double-hurdle" play and thinking to myself, "That was freakin' AWESOME!" When was the last TE we had to go pro?

will heller.
edited to add:
john paul foschi
michael matthews

I think the bigger question is when we had a TE drafted? I think all those guys were UDFA

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Wow!! Guys I have been watching college football for over 60 years and I simply do not recall ever seeing anything like this, a complete unit picked for OL all bowl, all conference, or all anything honors. Highly deserved honor for those players and the Georgia Tech program. I am becoming a believer that CTR as it nailed, "...the strength of this team is the team."

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Well done Boys!

I am floored that we got this honor. The O Line really played with their hair on fire all season long, it is nice to see them get the love they had due them.

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow
OL -- Bryan Chamberlain, Trey Braun, Freddie Burden, Shaquille Mason, Errin Joe, Georgia Tech, Orange Bowl: The starting unit for the Yellow Jackets did a tremendous job against Mississippi State as Georgia Tech racked up 452 yards rushing and a 7.4-yard average in the 49-34 victory. Synjyn Days finished with 171 yards rushing and three touchdowns, while QB Justin Thomas added 121 yards and three TDs.

YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The games that got them ready - clemson ( great d line and lb) , uga ( lots of talent), fsu ( even more talent) ! The oline got damn nasty . each guy has his own personality - that grew as the year went on . My favorite is big nasty - Erin joe ! ( stay in shape in the off season and keep going in high for the cut block !). Even though none of them made the all acc team - next year bigger awards await.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Went back and watched some of the OB today, particularly watching the OL clear the way, and it was a thing of beauty. Apparently MSU #50 McKinney was talking a lot of smack all game, and he ended up getting planted on his *** many times. One play (a couple before JTs TD at the end of first half) Shaq drove him 5 yards off the ball and then pancaked him and stood over him for a moment. Those boys were out there to prove a point!