The ND "putdown" has already started.

Carober18

Georgia Tech Fan
Everything that guy says is true. Now, can they do it? Remains to be seen. I like our guys. See you Saturday! The best part about CFB is that you actually have to tee it up and play the games. I'll be there, with my old roomie. Go Jackets!

Not sure I have ever seen a 1 star recruit, but agree with everything else.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
That's one of the funniest "what if" pieces I've read in a while! For everyone of this "writer's" IF THIS HAPPENS most anyone of us on here can find a weakness in it. As was pointed out above in of his IF was for ND to hold Tech to 39 or less ND will win. Well what IF Tech holds ND to 38 points or less while scoring 39 points? Is 38 more than 39? This guy is homer simpson clown at its best. The he goes on to say 5 of 7 of his IFS have to happen for a ND win. Well, moron, IF this happened with ANY of ND opponents ND should win. In other words, IF a frog had wings he wouldn't bust his *** every time his hops! Sheesh!!!!!!!!
If we score more points, we'll win!

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I don't think there is bad blood coming from VanGorder. The issue is that VanGorder changed the GSU offense and made some derogatory comments about CPJ's offense. I haven't seen anything that suggests VanGorder cares one way or the other.
I figure that if we know about CPJ's comment from back then, that BVG has read about it or heard of it and one possible reaction he could have to it is to respond in kind. But, certainly I don't really know. Nor, for that matter, am I certain that CPJ is still peeved and looking for payback all these years later. It fits what we know of his demeanor but that isn't proof dispositive. (I figure you will like my choice of words).

Animal02

Banned
I was at Notre Dame in 2007. Their fans gave us no chance to win. None.

We won 33-3.

Bus ride back to the airport was the best I ever had - surrounded by delusional Irishmen whose hopes and dreams had just been crushed by my Yellow Jackets. I expect more of the same in six days.
I remember being in the stand up by +20 and they still thought they would win

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Best I can tell, if

ND scores "X" points...

GT scores "X" +1...

GT wins everytime I run the equation. ;)

Please note that only ONE IF was needed.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
The attitude that Tech players will be star struck by playing in front of 75k is a laugher.

I think it can be big deal. But I think the experience of last year for most of the team will counter it. We should be fine. We've played better on bigger stages.

thwgjacket

The ND Facts:
1. In their first two games they have not seen speed like they will against us.
2. In their first two games they have not seen a 235 lbs. RB who actively enjoys hitting people.
3. In their first two games they have not played a ranked "big boy" team.
4. In their first two games they have not seen DB's with the speed and ball skills that our have. (Excluding one play in a stellar DJ White career)
5. (MOST IMPORTANT) In their first two games they have not played against a coach who deeply, and actively, despises an opposing coach on a personal level.

Now an objective look: Their DL worries me, we didn't get a lot of separation in the middle against Tulane, even if they were pinching. We will need to establish the BB in this game because their D is quick enough to string plays out even if they're not hitting guys in the backfield. At the same time, their LB's have consistently been picked on in the passing game. This leads me to think they will have a hard time covering our AB's in the open field. It wouldn't surprise me if we pass over 15 times this game.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Now an objective look: Their DL worries me, we didn't get a lot of separation in the middle against Tulane, even if they were pinching. We will need to establish the BB in this game because their D is quick enough to string plays out even if they're not hitting guys in the backfield. At the same time, their LB's have consistently been picked on in the passing game. This leads me to think they will have a hard time covering our AB's in the open field. It wouldn't surprise me if we pass over 15 times this game.
There we go. We know this guy is an idiot, so we should do his job for him.

What could be trouble:
ND has an athletic and active front 7 in the run game. Tulane has some players but not at this level. Their linebackers could spell trouble for our younger Abacks blocking.
They haven't played good offensive teams, but averaging giving up less than 100 ypg rushing, with 3.2 per rush.
Their QB was highly recruited top 200 player and already showed the arm to hit a deep ball. They have an NFL left tackle and Will Fuller is averaging 133 receiving ypg with 4 tds.
They are probably one of the top 4 teams "talent" wise we play.

DawgCatcher

Georgia Tech Fan
I like it when our opposition gets the Big Head. We should always welcome all comments that contribute to perennial delusions of grandeur, which we all know terribly afflicts UGA players and fans and may be the cause of Clemsonitis.

GTG768B

Jolly Good Fellow
My analysis: I'd hate to be this guy after his team gets smoked this weekend. He obviously flexed as much logic as he has to reason this out, and when it all ends up being wrong, my guess is that he'll turn into a "Fire Kelly" guy really quickly. Sad to see fans like that.