The NCAA...here they go again

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
so why dont they bring up the love affair that espn has with the sec. dont they sell commercials based on those sec fb shows? last time i looked they interview players and coaches.

Old School

Jolly Good Fellow
The head of the NCAA throws Tech under the bus..... Again. All we do is graduate players and do things the right way. It's time for the big 5 to pull away. You'd never see one of the conferenc commissioners undercut one of its member schools. There is too much hypocrisy the way things are set up now. Break away and get everyone moving in the same direction with equitable rules.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
We must have sent them a copy of one of the schedule cards... what a joke the NCAA proves to be on so many levels. Let's turn a blind eye to UNC AFAM stuff, yet nit pick on minor poop.

The players that get on the card most likely love the attention they garner with being on the card/schedule. I'm confident that there are many players that aren't and have not been on the card/schedule/program/ etc. that would love to be in the limelight. I gets them exposure and increases their perceived worth for potential future employers.

Milwaukee

Banned
On the bright side, this is the fourth or fifth time I've seen these jerseys. I'm starting to believe that these are what we're taking the field with this year - absolutely love them. Simple, clean, crisp. And the white and navy stripe down the leg is just pimp. Old school look. None of that new age looking crap.

#silverlinings

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Oh please. His response is completely on the money.

Well, it has to do with money.

This isn't an NCAA issue. This is a legal issue, which 90% of the posters in this thread don't grasp, and 75% won't grasp the diffference after pointing it out to them.

If our AD doesn't understand that the issue is the legality of using images of amateur (uncompensated) athletes to generate revenue, and that selling advertising for the schedule to generate the funds is no different than selling the schedule itself, then he needs to be fired immediately. He isn't smart enough to hold the job as AD. He seems to be upholding the fine tradition of stupidity established by Radakovich, God bless his orange soul.

The leadership void at the GTAA is creating a sucking that can be felt all the way to Brunswick

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Well, it has to do with money.

This isn't an NCAA issue. This is a legal issue, which 90% of the posters in this thread don't grasp, and 75% won't grasp the diffference after pointing it out to them.

If our AD doesn't understand that the issue is the legality of using images of amateur (uncompensated) athletes to generate revenue, and that selling advertising for the schedule to generate the funds is no different than selling the schedule itself, then he needs to be fired immediately. He isn't smart enough to hold the job as AD. He seems to be upholding the fine tradition of stupidity established by Radakovich, God bless his orange soul.

The leadership void at the GTAA is creating a sucking that can be felt all the way to Brunswick

What part of "FREE" did you fail to grasp?

Tech athletic director Mike Bobinski stood by the use of the cards.

“These cards aren’t sold, they’re used to generate awareness and hopefully fan interest in and around our programs, period,” he said. “That’s the sole purpose for them.”

Animal02

Banned
What part of "FREE" did you fail to grasp?

Tech athletic director Mike Bobinski stood by the use of the cards.

“These cards aren’t sold, they’re used to generate awareness and hopefully fan interest in and around our programs, period,” he said. “That’s the sole purpose for them.”

It is amazing the contortions some will make to knock the GTAA. They are not perfect.......but this is asinine. There is a huge difference between a school using the images of players to promote their own program and the NCAA "licensing" 3rd parties to create products for sale using images/names of players.

LibertyTurns

Banned
The problem is the AD responded to the idiotic NCAA claim and he should have used his free time in the spotlight to bash the NCAA for the wildly disproportionate punishment of one of its best programs.

There's rampant illegal and unethical conduct going on at numerous high profile factories and the NCAA singles out one of the few academic institutions. Where's our AD?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The problem is the AD responded to the idiotic NCAA claim and he should have used his free time in the spotlight to bash the NCAA for the wildly disproportionate punishment of one of its best programs.

There's rampant illegal and unethical conduct going on at numerous high profile factories and the NCAA singles out one of the few academic institutions. Where's our AD?
We weren't the only school singled out. Btw, 90% of the programs do the very same thing or something very similar.

LibertyTurns

Banned
We weren't the only school singled out. Btw, 90% of the programs do the very same thing or something very similar.
OK, must have missed the part about Alabama, OSU, LSU, USC, Miami, UNC, FSU, Auburn, etc in the article. I'll read it again. I just focused on Emmert's comments about the free cards and not his comments about how in order to thwart any illicit activities that detracted from the pristine amateur environment currently present in NCAA major football the NCAA cracked down on schools providing SUVs, hookers, hotel rooms, classes that really didn't exist, houses, boats, tattoos, crab legs, and wads of cash.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
OK, must have missed the part about Alabama, OSU, LSU, USC, Miami, UNC, FSU, Auburn, etc in the article. I'll read it again. I just focused on Emmert's comments about the free cards and not his comments about how in order to thwart any illicit activities that detracted from the pristine amateur environment currently present in NCAA major football the NCAA cracked down on schools providing SUVs, hookers, hotel rooms, classes that really didn't exist, houses, boats, tattoos, crab legs, and wads of cash.
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
"... crab legs..." LMFAO!!!

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
i dont know about the rest of you but jacket up not only called bob stupid but he called 90 % of the posters here stupid in a previous post.

sorry jacketup but i dont care for your condescending attitude. maybe the rest of us find you to be lacking! ya think?