The missing 2019 UCF game

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

Jacoooooob

Jolly Good Fellow
Stop spreading misinformation. As we just saw in a link, all but 5 players were back to practice Thursday. Other large stadiums in the area were available and they turned those offers down - like Camping World Stsdium. They also turned down our offer to flip the series and play here.

Attachments

• A71D8D9D-1C5B-42E9-B7CB-9BAE3B6A26DB.png
    A71D8D9D-1C5B-42E9-B7CB-9BAE3B6A26DB.png
    749 KB · Views: 21

Deleted member 2897

They had to assume the worst for the safety of their players and students the last thing they had on there minds was a football game

That has nothing to do with anything. For the third time, I don’t blame them for letting the kids leave and go home. I blame them for not making backup plans if the storm fizzled out. And not having the balls to then play when they could have and refusing every offered fallback option.

Jacoooooob

Jolly Good Fellow
That has nothing to do with anything. For the third time, I don’t blame them for letting the kids leave and go home. I blame them for not making backup plans if the storm fizzled out. And not having the balls to then play when they could have and refusing every offered fallback option.
You don’t worry about fallback plans IN NATURAL DISASTERS

Deleted member 2897

So you still don’t have any of those quotes from the AD huh?

It’s on the old thread. I linked to the recorded radio interview. I’ve already proven you wrong multiple times. I highly recommend you go review that and cool your jets first. I’m not reporting anything provocative, unusual, or that any of us already didn’t know.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
UCF let their players return home when the campus was closed for the storm. In fairness, a lot of students went home. The forecast was pretty certain at that time and it wasn't just Orlando that was threatened. As it turned out the storm weakened and the damage was minimal (but more than nothing). Since the team was scattered about Florida, the AD decided it would not be safe to ask the players to return to campus and get ready to play a game without proper preparation. While GT fans raised a huge fuss, it was probably the only thing they could do. My niece, who was/is a UCF student, did not return to campus until midweek from her family's home in Broward County.

Deleted member 2897

UCF let their players return home when the campus was closed for the storm. In fairness, a lot of students went home. The forecast was pretty certain at that time and it wasn't just Orlando that was threatened. As it turned out the storm weakened and the damage was minimal (but more than nothing). Since the team was scattered about Florida, the AD decided it would not be safe to ask the players to return to campus and get ready to play a game without proper preparation. While GT fans raised a huge fuss, it was probably the only thing they could do. My niece, who was/is a UCF student, did not return to campus until midweek from her family's home in Broward County.

That’s mostly correct. Except all but 5 players were back practicing by Thursday. Campus opened Monday. Like I said, they didn’t set out to duck our game, and sending the players home who were in the path to help family was the right move. The bad part was they made no contingency for what to do if the storm significantly weakened. Campus had power, was open all week, and all the other sports teams acted differently. They all practiced and played. Other local colleges acted differently too and practiced and played football. IIWII. They’re not wussies or scared or whatever. They made some decisions that turned out bad and then decided not to live with them and took the easy exit door.

Jacoooooob

Jolly Good Fellow
It’s on the old thread. I linked to the recorded radio interview. I’ve already proven you wrong multiple times. I highly recommend you go review that and cool your jets first. I’m not reporting anything provocative, unusual, or that any of us already didn’t know.
We”ll have to agree to disagree, just because they played in Gainesville doesn’t mean that UCF is wrong for not playing. This is an opinion based argument so no one is wrong or right, I respect your opinion, but I don’t think it’s fair to say “it wasn’t cause of Irma, it was cause they didn’t plan,” yes UF played, but half of the college teams in the country would've done the same thing UCF did. I don’t hold the UCF athletic department accountable because this storm was out of their hands, it just as easily could’ve went the other way and hurt a lot of people. I see your point and I hope you’ll at least try to see mine. I in no way would say the took the easy exit door

Jacoooooob

Jolly Good Fellow
It doesn't matter what excuses they came up with. They had an obligation to play a football game and found a way to back out of it. It was a game they would have lost. Then they wouldn't have been able to claim their mythical national championship. They're weenies. Q.E.D.
I agree I also despise their claim as "national champions," but I do not disagree with them backing out. And by using the logic "they would've lost, and we would've won" were no better than there fans because that's the basis of their argument about how they could've beat BAMA or UGa

gtmike

Georgia Tech Fan
I was also there. They chickened out. The NG presence was minimal in corners of the practice field. Other teams came up from south Florida to play while CF sat out. They ducked a tough matchup to preserve a fake record.

GTZachary

Jolly Good Fellow
I live in Orlando. Storm was nothing. AD freaked out and bought into the hype, only planned for the worst scenario.

Living in Florida... you prepare for the worst, but you also prepare for the possibility that it’s going to be nothing so we can all get right back to our normal lives. Otherwise we’d be missing weeks of work and school every single year for every major storm that could hit us. Their AD didn’t, so the game didn’t happen.

Jacoooooob

Jolly Good Fellow
I was also there. They chickened out. The NG presence was minimal in corners of the practice field. Other teams came up from south Florida to play while CF sat out. They ducked a tough matchup to preserve a fake record.
How were they preserving a fake record if they had gone undefeated yet?😂

LibertyTurns

Banned
I live in Orlando. Storm was nothing. AD freaked out and bought into the hype, only planned for the worst scenario.

Living in Florida... you prepare for the worst, but you also prepare for the possibility that it’s going to be nothing so we can all get right back to our normal lives. Otherwise we’d be missing weeks of work and school every single year for every major storm that could hit us. Their AD didn’t, so the game didn’t happen.
Isn’t it amazing how much people who don’t live here know so much that just isn’t so? Game was cancelled. I still went to work, cut my grass, went to church, etc just like every other week. By some accounts you’d have thunk it was the damn apocalypse down here.