The missing 2019 UCF game

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Our fanbase should be better than this. The game wasn’t played because of the storm. No need to harp on it. Harp on them giving themselves a national title. That makes them losers, not preparing for a danger tropical storm that experts expected to be a hurricane.

Deleted member 2897

The fact that you had to say "formal practice" exemplifies your ignorance. If this had been Tech against a school you would have felt the same way UCF did

You’ve been proven false multiple times, so now you resort to personal attacks. Final warning.

Deleted member 2897

"It wasn't storm damage" bud why do you think 40% of the players went home...... cause a storm was coming, it doesn't matter how much damage it did or didn't do

I already explained why they left. Why are you asking me about something I already explained?

Deleted member 2897

Our fanbase should be better than this. The game wasn’t played because of the storm. No need to harp on it. Harp on them giving themselves a national title. That makes them losers, not preparing for a danger tropical storm that experts expected to be a hurricane.

You should read this full thread and their ADs full statement. It’s not as simple as your explanation, and that’s the point. They made a series of panicked decisions without contingencies and ended up putting themselves in a bad spot unnecessarily as it turned out. As the AD said, they needed a couple more days to prepare which weren’t available, so they didn’t want to play the game.

Jacoooooob

Jolly Good Fellow
You should read this full thread and their ADs full statement. It’s not as simple as your explanation, and that’s the point. They made a series of panicked decisions without contingencies and ended up putting themselves in a bad spot unnecessarily as it turned out. As the AD said, they needed a couple more days to prepare which weren’t available, so they didn’t want to play the game.
I UNDERSTAND THAT, but I don’t think it’s fair to say they were scared or didn’t want to play. No one would want to play under those circumstances, so I don’t think you should judge any team based on a bad situation in general, they couldn’t control that the Strom wasn’t as bad as the initially thought

Deleted member 2897

I UNDERSTAND THAT, but I don’t think it’s fair to say they were scared or didn’t want to play. No one would want to play under those circumstances, so I don’t think you should judge any team based on a bad situation in general, they couldn’t control that the Strom wasn’t as bad as the initially thought

I didn’t say any of that. I don’t blame them for sending players home. I never said otherwise. What I blame them for is not planning in case they are wrong. Of all people, Floridians know storms are notoriously skittish. They can blow up fast and dissipate fast. They never had a plan of what if the storm falls apart, then what do they do. And that series of decisions left them in an awful situation where campus was open, teams were practicing, every other team in the area was playing, nearly everyone was back.........but they didn’t want to play because they were not prepared enough too. What does that mean? That means they felt they wouldn’t perform well and would probably lose. What else would it mean.

Jacoooooob

Jolly Good Fellow
You’ve been proven false multiple times, so now you resort to personal attacks. Final warning.
No I don’t mean to offend you, but you are saying they ran away from having to play us. This storm was a natural disaster and I don’t think it’s fair you to judge their team for making that decision, and to say there reasoning didn’t have to do with damage doesn’t apply because the storm still was the reason for the unfortunate situation. Also please don’t say “final warning” I’m not your son

Jacoooooob

Jolly Good Fellow
I didn’t say any of that. I don’t blame them for sending players home. I never said otherwise. What I blame them for is not planning in case they are wrong. Of all people, Floridians know storms are notoriously skittish. They can blow up fast and dissipate fast. They never had a plan of what if the storm falls apart, then what do they do. And that series of decisions left them in an awful situation where campus was open, teams were practicing, every other team in the area was playing, nearly everyone was back.........but they didn’t want to play because they were not prepared enough too. What does that mean? That means they felt they wouldn’t perform well and would probably lose. What else would it mean.
The actions UCF took were BIGGER than football, end of story

Deleted member 2897

No I don’t mean to offend you, but you are saying they ran away from having to play us. This storm was a natural disaster and I don’t think it’s fair you to judge their team for making that decision, and to say there reasoning didn’t have to do with damage doesn’t apply because the storm still was the reason for the unfortunate situation. Also please don’t say “final warning” I’m not your son

Im saving you from having to get reported.

I get you are passionate about it. But you messed up when you came on here saying campus wasn’t open, the players weren’t back, and on and on when none of that was true, as I have shown with links to references...(and you also calling me names). I was deep into this in real time when it happened, listening to the AD on local radio interviews and everything else.

Jacoooooob

Jolly Good Fellow
Im saving you from having to get reported.

I get you are passionate about it. But you messed up when you came on here saying campus wasn’t open, the players weren’t back, and on and on when none of that was true, as I have shown with links to references. I was deep into this in real time when it happened, listening to the AD interviews and everything else.
There stadium was filled with national guard and 40 percent of there players had left, so the PLAYERS weren’t back, so please stop downplaying the situation that took place in Orlando, go back and look at the ESPN article because Frost even said TWO days before the game 5 players still weren’t with the team. So don’t question my source

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
There stadium was filled with national guard and 40 percent of there players had left, so the PLAYERS weren’t back, so please stop downplaying the situation that took place in Orlando, go back and look at the ESPN article because Frost even said TWO days before the game 5 players still weren’t with the team. So don’t question my source
They weenied out. End of discussion. This is a GT message board. Nothing else needs to be said. Q.E.D.

Deleted member 2897

Stop spreading misinformation. As we just saw in a link, all but 5 players were back to practice Thursday. Other large stadiums in the area were available and they turned those offers down - like Camping World Stsdium. They also turned down our offer to flip the series and play here.

Jacoooooob

Jolly Good Fellow
My problem isn’t with that fact that you think they could’ve played, it’s with the fact you think they should’ve, I think that is extremely ignorant, because if it had been the team you root for you would’ve been happy they canceled. I just encourage you to look at it from their perspective as players, coaches, don’t put blame on them, blame the storm,

Jacoooooob

Jolly Good Fellow
They had to assume the worst for the safety of their players and students the last thing they had on there minds was a football game

Jacoooooob

Jolly Good Fellow
And I’ve yet to see you give any actual evidence besides the AD on the radio, so back up your argument before you attack mine champ

Deleted member 2897

My problem isn’t with that fact that you think they could’ve played, it’s with the fact you think they should’ve, I think that is extremely ignorant, because if it had been the team you root for you would’ve been happy they canceled. I just encourage you to look at it from their perspective as players, coaches, don’t put blame on them, blame the storm,

All the other colleges in the area played. UCF made the right decision for themselves, because unlike everyone else, they made a series of decisions that turned out wrong and left themselves without adequate time to prepare. So they could either decide to play unprepared, or cancel.