The JUSTIN THOMAS era has started

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I am excited! Pumped..Will Jackson and Freddie Burden told me in the spring that JT was more dynamic than Dwyer.

Also, I think you are going to see us go back to the basics. Running the ball and running it hard and fast!

We have bigger bodies on the OL and a nice WR core that can compliment the running game.

I think our offense will improve. I am over the Vad departure. I knew it was going to happen awhile ago and I was sad for weeks about it. But I got over it.

The only criticism I have is that CPJ knew he was wavering about leaving. He should have played JT more. CPJ wanted to give us the best chance to win and that was Vad based off experience. However, JT can make more stuff happen IMO. I am worried about JT's experience though....

Bule

Jolly Good Fellow
JT vs MJ. Should be a classic. I think we have some very capable possibilities at QB. Let's just hope they both learn quickly!!

southernhive

Jolly Good Fellow
I am excited! Pumped..Will Jackson and Freddie Burden told me in the spring that JT was more dynamic than Dwyer.

Also, I think you are going to see us go back to the basics. Running the ball and running it hard and fast!

We have bigger bodies on the OL and a nice WR core that can compliment the running game.

I think our offense will improve. I am over the Vad departure. I knew it was going to happen awhile ago and I was sad for weeks about it. But I got over it.

The only criticism I have is that CPJ knew he was wavering about leaving. He should have played JT more. CPJ wanted to give us the best chance to win and that was Vad based off experience. However, JT can make more stuff happen IMO. I am worried about JT's experience though....
Since I found tonight, give me a little more time. I am still in denial. I hope to be in acceptance in few days.:p

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Should we establish whether JT is a square peg or a round peg before the season starts?

It feels like only a couple years ago we brought in a perfectly round peg from North Carolina who was "perfect for the system". Last year it was only a matter of time before round peg met round hole.:woot:

Then that round peg somehow morphed into a square peg this season. And fans couldn't believe that CPJ didn't see him as a square peg all along.

JT is a round peg. I see better times ahead. How much better will be partially dependent on JT's improvement in the offseason, and mostly dependent on our new OL.

AtWork

Jolly Good Fellow

Thanks for starting this post. I found out when a buddy texted me tonight. I wasn't that surprised but you do have to look at this and evaluate what went wrong. As soon as this is done move on and work on getting better. I will say this shortens the leash for CPJ. I am still a supporter but wavering. I need to see us beat the likes of uGA, VT, Miami and Clemson. I don't think he has to beat all 4 this year but he definitely has to beat uGA.

Let's Go JT and here's hoping that CPJ can turn the tide.

Go Jackets!

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
Did Thomas play the option in High School? If so, then he should have some aptitude for it. He is supposedly quick and fast. We will soon know if he fits the position. The few times I saw him this year, he appeared to be quicker on his decisions. Time will tell.

Josh Nesbitt 4 Heisman

Georgia Tech Fan
I am really excited about JT getting the job. I am a little scared of him getting injured though(knock on wood). If he can stay healthy he will be a beast and hide behind our big line and explode for a TD!

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
There is no spin you can develop that will make this look good. Sorry. This is just more cannon fire for the masses.

poodleface

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm not worried about the masses... I'm only worried about our current recruits.

In the meantime I'll be hitting this:

5J0VIbT.png

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
The key is "This Board", this is an embarrassing reflection on the program.
The constant barrage of attacks of the head coach is getting old. If you don't have something current to add to the discussion, stop spouting the same garbage. We ALL know how you feel at this point.

You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm not trying to squelch that. But you've already bashed CPJ on every thread I've read tonight multiple times. I promise, I know where you stand on this point.