The JT myths

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Illegal, late hits is not the same as too small to play.
JT is not too small to play. He's going to get dinged up from time to time, and it'll cost him snaps (same as JH). However, he's not going to be a pocket passer, so he should have the ability to avoid a direct hit most of the time. He's always been this size, so he's learned to avoid direct hits. TB is a serviceable back-up, so I'm not overly concerned.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
TB is more than serviceable : )

Either could start, both very good with different strengths, but neither is a guarantee of 10 wins. We need the whole team.

I tend to prefer the ability to run the midlines and yards after contact for the tougher more disciplined teams we play.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer

Either could start, both very good with different strengths, but neither is a guarantee of 10 wins. We need the whole team.

I tend to prefer the ability to run the midlines and yards after contact for the tougher more disciplined teams we play.
Neither guys has shown that they're more than serviceable yet. We've taken the little we've seen and extrapolated, but they're both relatively unproven.

That being said, I have high hopes.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

I love the midline, too, but if JT causes the D to focus on him and the edge game, we may see a record year by the Bbacks. I'll take that over midline anyday.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
On the games we lost.... We often faced a more physical DL and they closed the edges and middle. We need players that will run past a tackle and through a tackle. The better teamsforce you to make tough yards versus the missed assignment home run.

I have no dought JT will light up the medium to lower level defenses. I think that maybe TB will shine when we have to slug it out.

Teams in general have been closing the outside already and forcing the slow yards up the middle.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
On the games we lost.... We often faced a more physical DL and they closed the edges and middle. We need players that will run past a tackle and through a tackle. The better teamsforce you to make tough yards versus the missed assignment home run.

I have no dought JT will light up the medium to lower level defenses. I think that maybe TB will shine when we have to slug it out.

Teams in general have been closing the outside already and forcing the slow yards up the middle.
Last year, defenses had the luxury of slow playing the pitch, they won't have that this year. Both JT and TB attack the pitch key like they're supposed to. If they slow play the qb, they'll burn them, especially if it's JT with the rock.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I might have back up QB syndrome.

I was for Tevin over Vad. I was neutral to Vad over JT. Vad was better starter but I thought JT may end up better. Vad made too many decisions based on emotion. I always like the way Byerly looked good against 2s.

I do seem like a lone voice, but it is easier for me to buy what I see and I did not get to see JT.