The Journey of Abdoulaye Gueye ...

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
I just sent off an email to Senator Johnny Isakson requesting his help on a Visa for Abdoulaye’s mother.

Just google “contact Senator Johnny Isakson” and it will lead you to his email website.

In my message box, I copied and pasted the link to the above AJC article, so that Senator Isakson and his staff can read it and become informed about it.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
It’s the senator’s staff that counts. Isakson’s staff is a good and conscientious one that has responded to me in the past without boilerplate replies.

Hopefully with additional emails from us GT fans, it might add to the good cause.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I wish we, Georgia Tech, or somebody could get his mom a Visa so she could come to the United States to attend Abdoulaye’s graduation.

Perhaps some letters to Senator Johnny Isakson? I’m going to try with a letter to Senator Isakson myself.
Let's not forget our other Senator Perdue is a GT guy.

I emailed both Isakson and Perdue regarding Gueye's mom. Nothing back from Isakson, but a form email back from Perdue that didn't even address the topic of my email to him. SHEESH

Dear Mr. _________

I ran for the U.S. Senate because, like you, I was frustrated by the direction our country was going and fed up with business as usual in Washington. As an outsider and business guy, I saw an opportunity to shake things up; but we can only get the job done by listening to you. Your input helps me focus on the issues that are affecting millions of Georgians like yourself, and lets me know how Washington can better answer to you. From reining in out-of-control spending and growing our economy, to tackling our national debt crisis, there is no shortage of big problems that need to be addressed. Rest assured that your message is being reviewed by the appropriate member on my team. Please continue to reach out to me with your thoughts and concerns, and I will keep working on your behalf to get the results that you deserve.

If you are experiencing problems with a federal agency, including the VA, please reach out to my Atlanta office at 404-865-0087 and my team will be happy to assist you.

Kindest regards,

David Perdue
United States Senator

I emailed both Perdue's office and Isakson's office. I got the meaningless reply from Perdue's office that I posted above, but I got a response from Isakson's office today that actually had some info in it. I forwarded it to both Pastner and TStan, and apparently they were not aware of what Isakson's office suggested and both plan to look into it. Hard to believe a mutt would do more for us than a Tech grad.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I emailed both Perdue's office and Isakson's office. I got the meaningless reply from Perdue's office that I posted above, but I got a response from Isakson's office today that actually had some info in it. I forwarded it to both Pastner and TStan, and apparently they were not aware of what Isakson's office suggested and both plan to look into it. Hard to believe a mutt would do more for us than a Tech grad.
I just put a quick letter in the mail to Perdue. Emails are a dime a dozen these days especially through those government portals.

I just put a quick letter in the mail to Perdue. Emails are a dime a dozen these days especially through those government portals.
That is true, but sometimes you just have to do what's convenient at the time. I doubt Perdue, even if he responds, will be able to provide anything different from what Isakson's office did, and that apparently was all new to Pastner and TStan.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
That is true, but sometimes you just have to do what's convenient at the time. I doubt Perdue, even if he responds, will be able to provide anything different from what Isakson's office did, and that apparently was all new to Pastner and TStan.
Ten minutes ago, I just got the same canned reply with my email, though.

I'm getting ready to call his Atl office.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
I believe the phone call to the individual’s Atlanta office staff is an excellent idea. Hopefully it will result in positive action from that office upwards toward some ultimate positive action from the individual in his Washington DC office.

Please keep us informed on how it goes!

In the meantime, to everyone else on GT Swarm, let’s all join together and chip in to contact our elected representatives in Washington DC and ask for their help in getting a Visa for Abdoulaye’s mom!

I believe the phone call to the individual’s Atlanta office staff is an excellent idea. Hopefully it will result in positive action from that office upwards toward some ultimate positive action from the individual in his Washington DC office.

Please keep us informed on how it goes!

In the meantime, to everyone else on GT Swarm, let’s all join together and chip in to contact our elected representatives in Washington DC and ask for their help in getting a Visa for Abdoulaye’s mom!
Below is the response I received from Isakson's office. I doubt that a phone call to either senator's Atlanta office would result in any different info. Like I said, this was apparently all new to both CJP and TStan. It's really in AD's and their courts now. Hopefully something good will come of it ----

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the visa issue for Abdoulaye Guye’s mother. Nonimmigrant visas are often denied regardless of the validity of the reason for visiting the US. While we can follow-up with the Embassy (although we cannot guarantee visa issuance) we would need to work directly with Mr. Guye as I presume he is the person who invited his mother. If you can have him contact me in Senator Isakson’s Atlanta office I can discuss the process and what we can do if she chooses to reapply. Please pass along my e-mail and phone number, 770-661-0743.

Take Care,
Charles Spry

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Due to the "wonders" of VoIP, Perdue's phones are rigged to where no one answers a phone. I called his Atl office and that "answering service" is a mess. It acted as if I was wanting to get my messages off of that number, asking for a mailbox number.

So...I went to a website and found his DC number. A recording of Sen Perdue greeted me and only gave me the choice of leaving a message after hearing him leave a message for the lowest common denominator. Sheesh. Anyway, I left my name, phone number and a message asking him to do something for a Visa for his mom to be able watch AD graduate from his (Perdue's) alma mater.

If anyone else wants to call, his DC office is 202-224-3521.

With graduation coming up next week, I think, has anyone heard if they were able to get a visa for his mom to come? I know I sent some information to both CJP and TStan that I got from Sen Issakson's office, and they were both very grateful for what was apparently new info for them. I haven't heard if it did any good though?

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm not surprised with both experiences. I've actually known Johnny since 1981 when I moved to Atlanta and went to school with one of his sons. He is a good man, and a decent public servant. I've sent emails to his office before and always gotten responses.

I've also reached out to Sen Perdue's on multiple occasions and never gotten anything but form responses. Can't wait to vote against him next year he is nothing but a low class person who chooses not to you the brain god gifted him. Can't stand him.

I could care less what school you attended - I care about how you interact with people.
Isakson seems to care about people, Perdue seems to care about himself.