The importance of staff and money in winning college football ...

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Wild west of college football!

Today looking at Sewanee football it seems pure.

Looking on net
After losing nearly every game, Sewanee dropped out of sec in 1940 and then stopped giving athletic scholarships 2 years later. Very little that's unsavory about them now.

Sewanee players seemed like a bunch of characters back in the day

But now good 6a high school teams could beat them.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The NFL and MLB have spending caps on their teams, right? Just wondering here ...
Are I kidding
It's so easy and uncomplicated
year
1. Ala verses Clemson,
2. Clemson verses Ala
3 Alabama or Clemson verses other.
4 . Start over at 1.

I say let grad transfers work it out
GT IS Grad Transfer in 404 ATL

Deleted member 2897

If they don't do something, the cash cow will starve......interest in the NC game is collapsing like the ticket prices.

This is like the what 5th straight year that the contenders were from within 200 miles of Atlanta. And they put the national championship game in San Jose. So for those outside of this circle, their interest is probably waning. And for those on the west coast, why buy tickets for teams from basically another country.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
This is like the what 5th straight year that the contenders were from within 200 miles of Atlanta. And they put the national championship game in San Jose. So for those outside of this circle, their interest is probably waning. And for those on the west coast, why buy tickets for teams from basically another country.
Plus it’s on a Monday. As far as you can get from the two schools. It would be like Washington State playing Washington in Atlanta. I would have zero interest. If it wasn’t for Clemson, I would have zero interest.

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
If they don't do something, the cash cow will starve......interest in the NC game is collapsing like the ticket prices.
Wow. Tickets from as little at 125$ right now and I can’t help but think that will drop. I mean I understand the reasons why but still, damn. It would have taken 12x that to get in the door last year.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Wow. Tickets from as little at 125$ right now and I can’t help but think that will drop. I mean I understand the reasons why but still, damn. It would have taken 12x that to get in the door last year.
It's because the game is San Fran. If the game was in Atlanta you could sell 250,000 tickets or more to that game

link3945

Jolly Good Fellow
It's because the game is San Fran. If the game was in Atlanta you could sell 250,000 tickets or more to that game

You probably sell more if it was actually in San Francisco. Levi Stadium in Santa Clara is apparently just a nightmare to get to, and an awful stadium regardless.

The NCAA should never, and by never I mean maybe once every 10 years play the CG west of Las Vegas

When the new NFL Stadium opens up in Vegas play the CG game there for 3 straight years, after that rotate between Dallas-Jerry World, Atlanta, NOLA, Miami, Vegas and then once every 10 years play it at the Rose Bowl

Playing the game in the most expensive area in the Country shows that the NCAA doesn't give a crap about the student fans or about what is best for CFB

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I went to Sewanee. The place has the distinction of having two members in the CHoF: Henry Phillips and Frank Juhan. Phillips played from 1900 to 1905 (eligibility rules were a bit loose in those days) at 6'4" 215. Needless to say he was always the biggest guy on the field and it showed. Juhan, who I knew when I was up there, was smaller, but was one of the first (he said the first) LBs. As he told it, it was the 4th quarter of a game and he got tired of crouching down at the LOS. He stood up and moved back slightly. Suddenly, he noticed that he could see what the other side was doing and made two straight tackles for a loss. He started to get down in a 3 point stance again and the coach yelled at him to keep standing up. He kept doing that from then on. Apparently, the same thing happened at the same time up at Michigan with Germany Schultz. Hence the controversy. I say it was Frank!

Fun fact: both of these players ended up as bishops in the Anglican Church. No other program can claim that!

JackD

Georgia Tech Fan
The NCAA should never, and by never I mean maybe once every 10 years play the CG west of Las Vegas

When the new NFL Stadium opens up in Vegas play the CG game there for 3 straight years, after that rotate between Dallas-Jerry World, Atlanta, NOLA, Miami, Vegas and then once every 10 years play it at the Rose Bowl

Playing the game in the most expensive area in the Country shows that the NCAA doesn't give a crap about the student fans or about what is best for CFB
You honestly don't think the NCAA cares about what is best for CFB?? Lol