The IMG academy?

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Ran across a high school game between Hoover & The IMG Academy .Never heard of or seen them before,but but, the Internet gave me the info I needed. I may be behind the times , but my eyes were opened to a side of private schools that I was not fully aware of. Just know that 50% of the senior football class get scholarships to major colleges. The tight end for ugag is from IMG, which also is IMG sports inc. Very interesting, I don't think needs to recruit this school, but it would help to try.

Deleted member 2897

Ran across a high school game between Hoover & The IMG Academy .Never heard of or seen them before,but but, the Internet gave me the info I needed. I may be behind the times , but my eyes were opened to a side of private schools that I was not fully aware of. Just know that 50% of the senior football class get scholarships to major colleges. The tight end for ugag is from IMG, which also is IMG sports inc. Very interesting, I don't think needs to recruit this school, but it would help to try.

That's where we got TK Chimedza.

Between you and me, there is probably a huge pipeline of secret money coming from factories into that school. IMG has spent hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars on that school.

herb

Helluva Engineer

We do. TK Chimedza went there

Deleted member 2897

Hilariously pathetic Kirby "Smart" story - a couple years ago he sent a text message to offer the entire football team. No joke. What an idiot.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
That's where we got TK Chimedza.

Between you and me, there is probably a huge pipeline of secret money coming from factories into that school. IMG has spent hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars on that school.
Man, that situation is ripe for all kinds of cheating. I was interested to see that IMG can't participate in Florida H.S. state titles and they can't recruit kids from the state unless the are contacted by the kids themselves ( yea, right ).

Deleted member 2897

Man, that situation is ripe for all kinds of cheating. I was interested to see that IMG can't participate in Florida H.S. state titles and they can't recruit kids from the state unless the are contacted by the kids themselves ( yea, right ).

Exactly, plus tuition is $70,000/year (not a joke, and you know a lot of kids are getting paid to go there). Anytime you have so much money flowing into and out of a school like this which doesn't fall under the normal regulations and rules that a typical high school does, you know there are financial shenanigans everywhere.

Read this - its totally ridiculous:
https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/02/business_is_booming_for_contro.html

Of course the NCAA is asleep at the wheel...surprise.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
Hilariously pathetic Kirby "Smart" story - a couple years ago he sent a text message to offer the entire football team. No joke. What an idiot.

Saban: How's recruiting going? Have you made your required contacts for the week? We are not leaving the office until everyone has hit their number.

Smart: Uhhh... presses send on text ...yeah, I'm done. See you guys Monday morning.

panther42

Jolly Good Fellow
That's not that pathetic. I'm pretty sure that class included Shea Patterson(ole miss/michigan), Isaac Nauta(uga), Rahshaun Smith(clemson), and like 26 other d1 starters.
https://n.rivals.com/search#?formVa...umber":1,"page_size":100,"recruit_year":2016}

It would be like Calapari offering the whole Oak Hill basketball team scholarships, not all of them are going to pan out, but more will than won't.

Deleted member 2897

That's not that pathetic. I'm pretty sure that class included Shea Patterson(ole miss/michigan), Isaac Nauta(uga), Rahshaun Smith(clemson), and like 26 other d1 starters.
https://n.rivals.com/search#?formValues={"sport":"Football","prospect_profiles.highschool_name":["IMG Academy"],"page_number":1,"page_size":100,"recruit_year":2016}

It would be like Calapari offering the whole Oak Hill basketball team scholarships, not all of them are going to pan out, but more will than won't.

By mass text message to the IMG Coach? LOL

Cam

Helluva Engineer
The private school started as Nick Bollettieri's tennis academy, which was a program that routinely churned out some of the best players in the world. The academy was bought by IMG in the late 80's, but Bollettieri still remained as one of the key members. If I remember correctly, the football program didn't start until like 2010. I think GT has a real possibility of building some inroads at that place given that the type of kids who attend are very focused both on sports and academic studies. Their student athletes may be more interested in our education pitch.

Deleted member 2897

would you trade techs '16 recruits for the names on that list??? If you say no then you are either stupid, a liar, or both.

I am stupid, but I try not to lie, so I am probably not both. I'm not sure why you felt the need to launch insults either. Oh well.

Now back to your question, which has nothing to do with the original post, I would never trade any student athlete who wants to come to Georgia Tech for any that does not (you're assuming we didn't offer any of those guys, which is a false assumption).

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Exactly, plus tuition is $70,000/year (not a joke, and you know a lot of kids are getting paid to go there). Anytime you have so much money flowing into and out of a school like this which doesn't fall under the normal regulations and rules that a typical high school does, you know there are financial shenanigans everywhere.

Read this - its totally ridiculous:
https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/02/business_is_booming_for_contro.html

Of course the NCAA is asleep at the wheel...surprise.
Good article bwelbo! holy cow, the deeper you dig, the more smelly it gets!! As IMG has pointed out, most of their football playing/student athletes enroll in their junior or senior years. Surprise,surprise!

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Has Chimedza played this year? I think he enrolled early. And our DL has been shoddy the last few years so I expected him to get snaps. But the DL has been a pleasant surprise so maybe that’s why we haven’t seen him (unless I just completely miss it).

lastoption

Georgia Tech Fan
One thing that is interesting on the economics is I know that for Tennis there are a lot of “ok” players accepted there who project to collegiate level somewhere but are no superstars or anywhere near pro of any sort. Those kids are paying full freight but the real superstars are going for free. Basically to decent players are also paying tuition for the players who have a shot to go pro. The sad thing is that the decent players probably don’t get much better tennis instruction than they could get in a decent junior program in a major metropolitan area because they are not working with the top level pros and certainly are not getting meaningful court time with the potential pro prospects. Not sure if there is a similar situation for football or other sports and of course I definite agree there is likely also some shady financing going on.

Deleted member 2897

Good article bwelbo! holy cow, the deeper you dig, the more smelly it gets!! As IMG has pointed out, most of their football playing/student athletes enroll in their junior or senior years. Surprise,surprise!

I mean isn't that article AMAZING? How the NCAA or someone hasn't gone up inside their anal cavity is beyo- oh nevermind. The NCAA sucks.

Has Chimedza played this year? I think he enrolled early. And our DL has been shoddy the last few years so I expected him to get snaps. But the DL has been a pleasant surprise so maybe that’s why we haven’t seen him (unless I just completely miss it).

IIRC TK got dinged once or a few times awhile ago (maybe even back to the spring) and then ended up in redshirt land.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
He played in a couple of the early games (Alcorn and BG, I think) but is going to redshirt this year.