The Handshake

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
This is kind of a good point, but let's add in to the cease and desist the National Anthem, color guards, etc. How that stuff even got started is a mystery to me. Baseball, football, basketball, etc., have nothing to do with patriotism or love of country. It is idiotic to think so.
I mean for Christ’s sake he literally DID shake the man’s hand

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I hate to keep this thread alive but I am away from home, staying at my brother's house. His is a bigger sports and college FB fan than I am and his alma mater's team is one of the 4 playing for the NC. After seeing this thread was still alive, I asked him for his opinion on the topic. He had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. I was relieved as I am constantly worried about things that will "devalue my GT degree".

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
I hate to keep this thread alive but I am away from home, staying at my brother's house. His is a bigger sports and college FB fan than I am and his alma mater's team is one of the 4 playing for the NC. After seeing this thread was still alive, I asked him for his opinion on the topic. He had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. I was relieved as I am constantly worried about things that will "devalue my GT degree".
If you BIL does not know what you are concerned about, why keep this thread alive.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
This response really doesn't make sense to me. Are you equating the National Anthem with the head coaches shaking hands at the end of a game?
If I am equating, as it were, it is treating sports as faux patriotic extraganzas with the anthem performed for the most part by show business screech owls while the crowd scratches itself and texts to the person standing next to them to get through a song they don't even know the words to. By making this obligatory we have cheapened the anthem -- which shouldn't even be the anthem; put it to a vote and "America the Beautiful" wins in a runaway -- as well as the observance to the point nobody even tries to sing along. In short, they disrespectfully blow it off. You know, like Collins.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
What were you watching? He did it right away and then started towards his team. Narducci tried to keep hold of his hand and CGC pulled his hand free and kept going without looking back. **** move by Narducci. Narducci is a punk.
Are you sure you watched the same game as everybody else? It is remarkable that Collins makes an *** of himself and you blame Narducci.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
It is possible for two people to see "the handshake" and legitimately come away with a different opinion as to who was at fault. Or that no one was at fault. Let's not let this get personal.
Pat's team played pretty chippy all game long. He's always been known as a jerk with an egotistical personality. We also are in a pandemic where handshaking has been highly discouraged. If I'm Collins there, I do the acceptable minimum as well. Which is what he did. Narduzzi is a drama queen type who'd talk behind your back for 5 minutes and then come try to suck up for 5. Non story.

IM79

Jolly Good Fellow
What were you watching? He did it right away and then started towards his team. Narducci tried to keep hold of his hand and CGC pulled his hand free and kept going without looking back. **** move by Narducci. Narducci is a punk.
I guess sarcasm does not come through the computer. I don't care if they shake or not. They can give each other the finger from each sideline for all I care.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Are you sure you watched the same game as everybody else? It is remarkable that Collins makes an *** of himself and you blame Narducci.
Yeah, definitely see it differently. Collins is already moving away from Narducci, not even looking at him, when they touch hands. Narducci tries to keep ahold of Collins' hand and CGC pulls his hand free and keeps going without looking back. Yeah, that's a **** move by Narducci, who then stands there and looks butt-hurt. Narducci made it an issue, not Collins.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I can only imagine how a certain percentage of dickweed GT fans would react if we ended a game like that, letters of apology would prob be written to the players on the other team who started the whole damn thing plus much gnashing of teeth and wailing endlessly

IM79

Jolly Good Fellow
I can only imagine how a certain percentage of dickweed GT fans would react if we ended a game like that, letters of apology would prob be written to the players on the other team who started the whole damn thing plus much gnashing of teeth and wailing endlessly
We have ended games like that before.