The Gauntlet

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
Clemson-->ND-->MIA

Yeesh. Anything besides 0-3 will be more than welcome. Da' U has been Jekyll & Hyde for years so I'm waiting for them to start their yearly implosion and against GT would be nice.

So aside from stealing a W or 2 in the next 3 games I'm hoping GT can capitalize on the focus & determination we saw last night. Few penalties, no turnovers, and improvement on defense and placekicking would be nice.

I know moral victories suck, but for what moral victories would you settle in the next 3 games?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Getting good experience for our backup QBs. And others of course.

Finding an OL which can block on EP/FG attempts and a kicker who gets it up consistently.

Finding a center who can snap accurately to the QB.

Continuing to be plus in turnovers.

My moral victory will be to be on the Appalachian Trail doing trail maintenance and out of cell phone coverage during the Clemp game. There are some things you can't unsee. Miami and ND are winnable with +4 turnovers.

IM79

Jolly Good Fellow
Clemson-->ND-->MIA

Yeesh. Anything besides 0-3 will be more than welcome. Da' U has been Jekyll & Hyde for years so I'm waiting for them to start their yearly implosion and against GT would be nice.

So aside from stealing a W or 2 in the next 3 games I'm hoping GT can capitalize on the focus & determination we saw last night. Few penalties, no turnovers, and improvement on defense and placekicking would be nice.

I know moral victories suck, but for what moral victories would you settle in the next 3 games?
Well, we do get a game with BC after Clem. And get Pitt between ND and Mia.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
My moral victory will be to be on the Appalachian Trail doing trail maintenance and out of cell phone coverage during the Clemp game. There are some things you can't unsee. Miami and ND are winnable with +4 turnovers.

What section of the AT will you be working on? I'm taking my Philmont Crew up in December for a shakedown trip.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
We can improve 50% or so and still not win another game until Duke (if then). Every single one of those teams in the next 5 is probably a good deal better then we are even now. And that assumes that the level of play we saw in the second half last night continues.

But, as Paul used to say, that's why you play the games. I think that, with a little bit - well, ok, a lot - of luck, we could best BC and Pitt. The team is obviously willing to give their best. Maybe that'll be enough.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
What section of the AT will you be working on? I'm taking my Philmont Crew up in December for a shakedown trip.
About 30 miles south of I64 / Charlottesville Va. Going to be great weather next weekend :p and will be camping out with social distancing. There are a couple of additional COVID related training things that are needed but nothing big.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
About 30 miles south of I64 / Charlottesville Va. Going to be great weather next weekend :p and will be camping out with social distancing. There are a couple of additional COVID related training things that are needed but nothing big.

Awesome. We will be in GA near the Woody Gap area. It's not the Sangre de Cristo Mountains but it will have to do as our travel budget isn't getting us out west for practice.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Awesome. We will be in GA near the Woody Gap area. It's not the Sangre de Cristo Mountains but it will have to do as our travel budget isn't getting us out west for practice.
Off-topic, but did Philmont back in the day. It was spectacular. We were lucky enough to be in a high-mountain meadow on a clear night during the Perseid meteor shower. You'd never guess a bunch of teenage boys would be so quiet for so long while watching the skies. You should have your troop carry a large cast-iron pot and a couple of cans of peaches and a box of Bisquick for practice. After four hard-hiking days in that altitude, that was the best Peach Cobbler I have ever had in my life! I'm not sure they have that as an option at the mid-week resupply, but if they do it is worth the pain.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Clemson-->ND-->MIA

32degrees at Miami.
Being overlooked by Clemson and ND?

BuzzinWreck

Banned
not really a gauntlet as they aren't consecutive.I don't think Canes blow us out.
as to the other 4 games winning 2 or 3 should be expected

slugboy

Staff member
I'm not convinced Miami is much better than last year. They beat UAB and 2 teams we've also beat. I don't think we're very good but we can hang if Sims has a good game.
Clemson is capable of making good teams look bad. I thought they looked dominant against Louisville. Let’s get more games in before we make that call.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Have you and Navy read A Walk in the Woods? Before you step on the trail, you should. My main takeaways = watch out for bears (they're dangerous), don't leave that waterproof coat and wool sweater behind, and every chance you get take a day off, eat in a restaurant, and sleep in a real bed.

But … I'm not going on any multi-mile hike in the mountains anytime soon anyway. Good luck out there.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
Aside from you nature boys annoying me in this thread instead of PM'ing each other, I feel dumb for being ignorant about the schedule.

I guess I heard or read something about the 3 ranked teams in a stretch and thought it was consecutive.

These kids are special and will hang with Klimpsun for a bit.