The future!

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I looked at him as a duel threat. He was fun to watch.

Definitely triple threat as a passer/runner/kicker. Not a great arm by today's standards but pretty good in his day. Accurate and catchable. Garbage runner. Best accomplishment was ability to make that first down yardage on third and whatever. Mr CLUTCH. Somewhat like Byerly with more slither and stumble and a little less speed and power. Ball was always in his hands on possession downs. Also played safety, even a little for the Falcons in an emergency. Was an accurate place kicker and made the pros as a punter.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
IMHO not only do we have to have a winning season, but we have to do something to make people excited and get butts in the seats. It's about making money and having a buzz (sic) around the program. I hope we do - we are undefeated right now. (tic)

I got season tickets for $100. Those seats should be filled most games which is what is important (I'll give them away here if they aren't.) But the GTAA is desperate to sell tcikets (again IMHO). Admittedly my tickets are upper end-zone upper level (Swarm), but I sat at the 48 yard line about 30 rows back last year and the people didn't give a damn about the game. This year everyone else will be standing and give a damn about the game. But we need a stadium full of people to make it worth paying CPJ $2.5M a year. Roof would probably be less compensation and bring in more GT people since he is one of us.

We need more than GT people.

We need to develop a program that will attract new fans. Cremins did it in BB.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Bobinski has to make the call for what he thinks is best for the football program (and each athletic program) at the end of every season and certainly he could have a tough call to make this year. I am inclined to think that their may be two bottom line achievements for retention: 1) the bowl streak survives, and 2) the team may need to have a winning record in the ACC. Maybe 1 would be enough but it may take both.

Man, if that is all it takes to keep your job at GT - things have gone to heck in a hand basket

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Just because a coach is making X amount of dollars doesn't mean the next coach is going to make the same amount of money. Just look at what CPJ got paid his first year compared to what Gailey made his last year...then the bump CPJ got soon after his first year.

GT may not be richest program, but we're not poor either. You have to understand, a large chunk of CPJ's salary is made up of various fees like coach's show, appearances, etc.

... of which I believe GT is still on the hook for if he is fired.

Papa Doc

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm in section 215 in the North End Zone. Same seats last 2 years. Mine are the $200 tickets though, so I am not quite as nosebleed. (Front row of the upper deck) :) Would love to meet up with some fellow Swarm members this year. Currently plan on being at every home game except the Duke game.

Visit us in 216 - rows 9, 10, 11 are a same folks every year and we have a pretty good time.

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck
It would be really cool if someone could make an interactive seating map for GTSwarm season ticket holders and single game ticket 'visitors' like myself. It would improve our potential to meet one another at the games. We are GT, so we can to do that, right?