The Fenway Park of College Football

AlaGTech

Jolly Good Fellow
Just shooting the wind, but as I’m watching the red sox game I feel like Bobby Dodd is extremely comparable to Fenway. Old, certainly isn’t the most ideal in design, but has an energy that is unmatched when it gets filled up. What say you?

I like your idea!

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
We need to market the stadium better and use the history of it to pull fans of stadiums in. A GT home game should be on every college football fan's bucket list.

Exactly what I was thinking. As long as we can pull consistently large crowds it really should be an easy sell.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
I mentioned my belief that BDS@HGF is the “Fenway Park of College Football” many years ago on The Hive.

The rationale in my belief, as I originally stated it, was—and still is—based strictly on our stadium’s oddly shaped configuration. It is not a perfectly symmetrically shaped football stadium like the majority of others are. After all, our old Grant Field was originally constructed by students, and is the oldest Division 1 collegiate football stadium in the land. That is what makes it so unique in this day and age.

Don’t ever change a thing. It is perfect.

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
Bowl game at Fenway is interesting but it's going to be frigid. I guess they have the Pinstripe Bowl to benchmark against.

Not much in the college football world beats a sold out night game at Bobby Dodd. Even the overtime game against Virginia last year was more special than most road games.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
If we hadn't built that expansion to the north stands, then absolutely we would have had the Wrigley Field / Fenway Park of college football. But hey, this is Atlanta where we dismantled a street car system, railroad stations, hotels and theaters. Hey I'm not that old either.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Speaking of Fenway, ACC and AAC will start playing a bowl game in 2020 at Fenway.....

OP now needs to suggest that BDS reminds him of Wembley, Allianz Arena and the Roman Coloseum, asap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk