The cool cats baseball chat room

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
And hopefully not a platform for CDH/CDB bashing…
Hopefully there will be no need for bashing because they are both doing a demonstrably awesome job. That is up to them. However, I hope we are free to, perhaps not bash, but to call a spade a spade if it is needed.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully there will be no need for bashing because they are both doing a demonstrably awesome job. That is up to them. However, I hope we are free to, perhaps not bash, but to call a spade a spade if it is needed.
Yeah, I guess it depends on how you define bashing.

CDH was once a great coach who was on pace to be easily elected to college baseball hall of fame. He still very well might be, but the past 16 years have seen a steep decline in the program and an unprecedented level of underachievement relative to our level of talent. No program does less with more than us in baseball. At this point, the best thing that can happen for our program is for him to quit (since no one in the GTAA will ever fire him), but he will not.

As for our pitching coach, he has been an utter disappointment. What else is there to say?

Lone Star Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah, I guess it depends on how you define bashing.

CDH was once a great coach who was on pace to be easily elected to college baseball hall of fame. He still very well might be, but the past 16 years have seen a steep decline in the program and an unprecedented level of underachievement relative to our level of talent. No program does less with more than us in baseball. At this point, the best thing that can happen for our program is for him to quit (since no one in the GTAA will ever fire him), but he will not.

As for our pitching coach, he has been an utter disappointment. What else is there to say?
I mentioned it elsewhere, but I worry about Ramsey bailing to take another HC job. How long will he be happy with the “Head Coach in Waiting” designation. CDH needs to announce his retirement by the end of this season - still amazed he didn’t do it last season once Colin graduated.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I mentioned it elsewhere, but I worry about Ramsey bailing to take another HC job. How long will he be happy with the “Head Coach in Waiting” designation. CDH needs to announce his retirement by the end of this season - still amazed he didn’t do it last season once Colin graduated.
How about if he just tells Ramsey?

Coach Hall is a loyal good guy.

randerto

Jolly Good Fellow
Not worried about this as most P5 programs want to hire a coach with previous HC experience - as GT should strongly consider. So it's most likely he'd go to a G5 program, get some HC experience and then be an even better candidate to come back to GT as HC... At least that's one theory which may help alleviate your anxiety...!