The Coming Super Conference

DeepSnap

GT Athlete
The only fix, I see, is to cut back on the number of scholarships to 60 to 75 total. That would balance the talent across the board. And limit the total roster to about 80.

That's what they said when they cut from 140 to 115, from 115 to 95, from 95 to 85, all over the last 40 years..... how is today any different?

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Think of Pro Football. You don't have to win 9 games. It becomes 4 divisions of 5 teams. the top 4 get in the playoff with 3 Wild cards. Just win your division. As for ESPN and Tv, can you imagine having 10 games on Saturday that are Alabama vs Georgia, Auburn vs Penn State etc.....

Yeah, not to mention the lower level where most current Power 5 teams would be at would still get plenty of TV time and ratings. Every school that doesn’t go to the semi-pro level has plenty of fans like us who are still going to support their team. It’s not like GT would all of a sudden be in the FCS. The remaining teams and their playoff system(whatever it may be) would still garner attention for ESPN. It just won’t be the main attraction.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
The only fix, I see, is to cut back on the number of scholarships to 60 to 75 total. That would balance the talent across the board. And limit the total roster to about 80.

I would reverse it. 80 scholarships and they are reduced inversely to your final ranking.

So finish 30th? 80 scholarships. Finish first? 50.