The "Collins effect "........

LibertyTurns

Banned
Let's see- coach makes jokes about loud mouth callers saying he just got off work at Walmart.
Tech grads- now smear car salesmen.
Nose- gt has too many cases of NLD - nose look downitus.

Yea it's time for a new era of tech grads
If you think GT is somehow going to Engineer a dumbing down of our population so we’re on equal par with our competition, well don’t hold your breath. If anything, GT’s putting more distance between GT & average AND we’re getting increasingly international. We were far closer to the general population 4 decades ago because most of us came from working class parents. Now kids are coming from high end, academically segregated High Schools, have tutoring, are entering in national/international STEM contests, etc. They definitely do not come from where we came from back in the day.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
If you think GT is somehow going to Engineer a dumbing down of our population so we’re on equal par with our competition, well don’t hold your breath. If anything, GT’s putting more distance between GT & average AND we’re getting increasingly international. We were far closer to the general population 4 decades ago because most of us came from working class parents. Now kids are coming from high end, academically segregated High Schools, have tutoring, are entering in national/international STEM contests, etc. They definitely do not come from where we came from back in the day.
Let's all laugh at the littl.je people and then complain about attendance. No one thinks the Walmart emplotdee will get into gt. But laughing at some one for working there is small.

Tech men doing Tech proud.

Ha, someday we will be past that.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Brother worked at Walmart.
He got out of poverty.

He would not think it funny - - - mocking people who work ar Walmart.
3225.jpeg

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
It was an insult to all the fine people who work at Wal Mart. :) Regardless, anyone who comes on an opposing teams RADIO SHOW and does something that stupid deserves whatever gets said about them. Like Mark Twain once said, "Never get into an argument with someone who buys ink by the barrel" Same principle applies to the airwaves...

GTFLETCH

Banned
I wish I could agree. I really do.

But let's look at this objectively. You're on the special teams and you want to play. What do you say? That the coaching is under par and that you are not sure why you are being relegatred to spot duty? I think not. You "buy into the program" and say what you think the coaches want to hear. I never had to do this during my career, but that's because I was a productive researcher, a good teacher (ahem), and my wife is a top-drawer labor attorney. But Jackson is not in my position nor are the rest of the players. I have no doubt that some of them have fully brought into the "new culture' (whatever that is) and are presenting the best face they can on their situation. I also have no doubt that some of the players are unsure about our direction - we are losing - and are afraid to speak up. Whatever else you can say for Collins, he doesn't seem like a guy who wants to hear much dissent from anyone on his team or his staff. It is his way or the highway. To some extent, of course, all coaches are like this, but Collins seems to have a "vision" of control that is more comprehensive then most.

He's not alone on this. I worked for someone like him for years and we butted heads continuously. I was pretty invulnerable (see above) and I enjoyed it. We can only hope that things work out in the end. And they very well might; it isn't as if there aren't plenty of execs out there who work like this and are successful. They're as common as pigs in the woods. But we need to take what the players say, especially to the press, with a grain of salt.
Spot On!!

Animal02

Banned
Many of us would probably not be accepted under today's standard

LibertyTurns

Banned
Let's all laugh at the littl.je people and then complain about attendance. No one thinks the Walmart emplotdee will get into gt. But laughing at some one for working there is small.

Tech men doing Tech proud.

Ha, someday we will be past that.
You can make an honest living doing damn near anything. If heckling mutt fans for spending $60k & 4 years of coloring in their homework books to get an undergrad degree so they can apply for an entry level job at Walmart turns the whole world against us, I not sure we’re ever going to have 80k fans dressed in white & gold at Bobby Dodd.

There’s a big difference between that & ridiculing the work people do. If you don’t understand the difference, well bless your heart.