The Citadel Postgame

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Tell me how CPJ coached up Michael Johnson, Vance Walker, Daryl Richard, Derrick Morgan, Sed Griffin, Brad Jefferson, Morgan Burnett, Mario Butler, Dominique Reese, Jahi Word-Daniels, and Cooper Taylor?

Better at every position.
Most were defensive players show me where CGC prepared this team which a 2nd unit should beat. He needs to stop this cheerleading crap and coach the team. So can you tell me this team was prepared ?

Go4Tech

Jolly Good Fellow
Just was able to watch the replay.

Ohhhh, my Granny!

This year is going to be a very long year. Hopefully, it is not two, or more......

Hope the staff can keep the team's leadership together after this outing.

THWG.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Defenses the rest of the year will stack the box because we’re as creative as vanilla ice cream.

No, defenses will stack the box because we have option QBs who struggle passing, an OL that struggles to pass block, and WRs that can't get separation. Teams were going to stack the box against us this year no matter what offense we ran unless we showed that we could pass, and all we have shown is we aren't good in any phase of the passing game. A "creative" playcalling ins't going to change those things.

You can complain that we should just put in TO, run the ball come hell or high water, and live with the results, but it's not playing that will cause teams to stack the box.

JPaul

Georgia Tech Fan
Lucas got us down there so Tobias could score. Tobias doesn’t get us there. Great run nullified by bad time management. Both guys are needed right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have to trust (at this point) that the coaching staff knows more about managing a college football team and game than I do. That said it was remarkable how the Citadel spread option made me long for the old PJ days. I loved watching that offense and PJs coaching. He was a coaches coach. No verbal hype just all football. I will give it a little longer before reaching judgement about the Collins approach. Perhaps a mixture of the strengths of both systems during a transition period would work better than going cold turkey. In the meantime I keep reminding myself that these 'kids' are 17,18,19 yrs old; they have to keep their grades up, practice all week and get their clocks-cleaned playing football on weekends. I have shoes and neck ties much older than these kids. Honestly, regardless of the sometimes unfortunate outcomes, I'm extremely proud of every one of them.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Tell me how CPJ coached up Michael Johnson, Vance Walker, Daryl Richard, Derrick Morgan, Sed Griffin, Brad Jefferson, Morgan Burnett, Mario Butler, Dominique Reese, Jahi Word-Daniels, and Cooper Taylor?

Better at every position.

I mean most of those guys were a part of some pretty mediocre years before CPJ came along.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Good presser, I think it's great Collins is taking the blame instead of throwing the players under the bus. Hopefully this is a wake up call for the staff this isn't temple or the fcs. gt is a higher standard If we want to be an elite program like he keeps saying we need to see progress on game week over week not just what the coaches see in practice. I know Collins has coaches at Florida, but not sure the other coaches.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Milwaukee

Banned
No, defenses will stack the box because we have option QBs who struggle passing, an OL that struggles to pass block, and WRs that can't get separation. Teams were going to stack the box against us this year no matter what offense we ran unless we showed that we could pass, and all we have shown is we aren't good in any phase of the passing game. A "creative" playcalling ins't going to change those things.

You can complain that we should just put in TO, run the ball come hell or high water, and live with the results, but it's not playing that will cause teams to stack the box.

Do you actually read posts or just post diahrrea?

I don’t wan’t TO on the field as qb, never have. What are you talking about?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
For comparisons sake, UGA in Kirby’s first season almost lost to Nicholls State with way more talent and weren't overhauling a new offensive scheme. These games sometimes happen, lets not lose our heads. Plenty of correctable errors, we just have to make sure we learn from them.

Almost being the key word.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Do you actually read posts or just post diahrrea?

I don’t wan’t TO on the field as qb, never have. What are you talking about?

It was an example. It's one thing to complain that we should be trying to do something else, like the example I posted, which plenty people have more or less said. Team composition is what will cause our opponents to stack the box, not play calling.

Alexlongstride

Georgia Tech Fan
This game should’ve never been close let alone lose it, a friend of mine from Charleston just called trying to figure out what happened and trying to figure out how we lost

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I want to get everyone's opinion on this, as it's something that kind of low key bothered me sitting at the game today, and I don't know if I should be bothered or not. I don't think I'm "old" at 41 years of age, so I hope I'm not getting to my "get off my lawn" years already, but during the game today at many times when the clock was stopped (TV time out, etc), many of our players were on the sidelines literally dancing to the songs playing over the PA...like full-on group dancing. This was going on even when The Citadel was in the lead, when the game was tied, and when they were driving with the potential to win in regulation. Like there wasn't a care in the world. I'm all about the players having fun and feeling comfortable, but when we, GT, are getting beat by/tied with The Citadel very late in the game, should we really be doing that?

Or am I just getting "old"?