The Citadel Postgame

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I was sitting in the heat watching it. I think suggesting you fire anyone in this staff after three games is knee jerk. Going back to Dabo as an example. You are asking a pro-set OC to create a pro-set offense with a triple option set of talent. He wouldn’t run the triple option if you have never run it before. There are definitely issues in the play calling and rotating QBs but we also have issues w tight end play, on field clock management (explain why our QB ran the clock down to 6 seconds before hiking it).

I appreciate the frustration but we need to pump the brakes a bit.

He was boasting about his background in triple option football this week. He and CGC have been boasting about being player-based and not scheme-based for the last nine months. You can't blame not having the players for your scheme while claiming to be player-based and not scheme-based with any credibility.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
I was sitting in the heat watching it. I think suggesting you fire anyone in this staff after three games is knee jerk. Going back to Dabo as an example. You are asking a pro-set OC to create a pro-set offense with a triple option set of talent. He wouldn’t run the triple option if you have never run it before. There are definitely issues in the play calling and rotating QBs but we also have issues w tight end play, on field clock management (explain why our QB ran the clock down to 6 seconds before hiking it).

1)Oliver and Mason kept making plays yet Dave has no idea on how to get them the ball.

2)Our WRs were a huge mismatch on their corners the whole game. We threw three deep passes all game. Two were caught for big plays, including a TD and one was dropped. How did we NOT go back to that?!??

I understand the jimmies and joes don’t quite fit the X’s and O’s, but there are clean signs of a dumbass running our offense.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Hard to be a starting QB when The only pivotal situations you are in are 3rd and longs with the game on the line, after you’ve sat most of 2nd half.

Our coaches kept the Citadel in this game and our coaches lost this game.

TO is not a starting QB at this time because he IS NOT a passing threat. Both QBs under threw balls. LJ under threw Camp on the TD and TO under threw Camp late in the seam but LJs was a passing TD none the less. He is not one dimensional

Put TO in against any ACC team with a secondary and we lose because we aren’t running a true option anymore and the defense just plays 8-9 in the box

TO is a runner and LJ is a passer with some running ability. No passing threat equals 9 in the box

Either way Collins just needs to stop rotating and let somebody emerge !
9 or 10 in the box who cares.... 1 TD pass out of how many drives??? FCS teams this week...G5 team last week.. LJ should have had 3 TDs and been sitting the bench... He struggles with his progressings he is very slow...

TO did not start, but left his heart out there and you can thank him for the USF win.... Man Georgia Tech fans do not deserve a player like Tobias... BTW your wonderful Coaching staff that is giving LJ all the playing time lost the game as Tobias won the game.... Need better coaching... To many flags....We can agree on one theing the Coaching was below the line.... To get above the line they could start with namibest offensive and most unselfish player..Tobias Oliver the starter and try to come up with game plan that fits the starters

BleedingGold

Jolly Good Fellow
Our last transition we almost lost to an FCS team while scoring only 10 points. You don’t see any parallels to the current transition?
That team won 9 games, beat UGA, and got as high as 14th in the country. Comparing these two teams based on their performance against the FCS teams they played that year is silly. Reminder that the 2008 team easily handled FCS Jacksonville State 41-14 to open the year and the Paul Johnson era.

JPaul

Georgia Tech Fan
I’m worried this coach and staff are more hype than substance.

Oliver should be our QB.

That was HORRIFIC time management at the end of regulation.

The honeymoon is officially over.

Honestly I think the officiating was worse than the last Stupid Bowl. I admire that these kids went out there and gave it their best. Very disappointed in the play calling and player selection by the coaches at any particular moment as you point out. We should have walked away easily with this as a win. I've watched 52 years of GT games and this loss leaves me very sad; for the players and the GT grads and loyal fans. It bodes of a long season. I hope I'm wrong.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
That team won 9 games, beat UGA, and got as high as 14th in the country. Comparing these two teams based on their performance against the FCS teams they played that year is silly. Reminder that the 2008 team easily handled FCS Jacksonville State 41-14 to open the year and the Paul Johnson era.

And yet that team, as stacked as it was, struggled against an FCS team when it didn't have the QB who was a good fit for the offense. And that's the point. The 2008 team looks very different if Nesbitt isn't on that team and that is even with the other advantages that team had

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
CGC_moneydown.jpg

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck

That team was better at every position than this one and maybe better at every second string position.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
I'm not sure it has been mentioned yet, but that was some seriously bad coaching there. I'm pretty surprised, but if you were there it was pretty clear. Not prepared, not disciplined, not organized. That's all on the coaching staff.

Milwaukee

Banned

You could be right. But I’ve never seen anything like I’m seeing now from Georgia Tech Offensive Football. You’re reaching and hoping a bit imo.

Collins is fine, but the offensive philosophy has to go whether it’s this year or next. Not sure what you’re watching...I’m not expecting the Patriots offense but we should’ve seen a direction or clue as to what in the hell we’re even trying to do. Defenses the rest of the year will stack the box because we’re as creative as vanilla ice cream. And we have Camp out wide who is clearly pissed because we don’t even look at him...once in 3 games. We have no clue what we are even trying to do on offense with our current personnel. That’s a high school task for an OC, it ain’t hard.

slugboy

Staff member
Postgame conference up. Stickied for now. Haven’t had a chance to watch it yet.
Don’t see the one with Curry, Camp, and the players.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Possibly partially due to coaching? I mean, we were predicted to win two games that year, too.

Tell me how CPJ coached up Michael Johnson, Vance Walker, Daryl Richard, Derrick Morgan, Sed Griffin, Brad Jefferson, Morgan Burnett, Mario Butler, Dominique Reese, Jahi Word-Daniels, and Cooper Taylor?

Better at every position.