The Citadel Postgame

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
All of you LJ supporters, I better not hear a peep. TO is our QB if we even hope to win anymore games this year.

Hard to be a starting QB when The only pivotal situations you are in are 3rd and longs with the game on the line, after you’ve sat most of 2nd half.

Our coaches kept the Citadel in this game and our coaches lost this game.

TO is not a starting QB at this time because he IS NOT a passing threat. Both QBs under threw balls. LJ under threw Camp on the TD and TO under threw Camp late in the seam but LJs was a passing TD none the less. He is not one dimensional

Put TO in against any ACC team with a secondary and we lose because we aren’t running a true option anymore and the defense just plays 8-9 in the box

TO is a runner and LJ is a passer with some running ability. No passing threat equals 9 in the box

Either way Collins just needs to stop rotating and let somebody emerge !

Last edited:

GTjunkie

Jolly Good Fellow
So the thread will get crazier the longer the drinking goes on. I start in about an hour.

Final words from me.

We got beat today. Physically, Coaching, in every way. We were not prepared to stop their scheme on offense and they were physically and mentally beating us today. Those penalties are coaching issues. Stop the Hype and tell those guys to be disciplined. We are not Thug U Miami but we looked like it today.

If our coaches would focus on what works and get off twitter we might still win a few.
I had to start at half-time.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
An offensive wiz should be able to draw up an offense in a week that can score more than 10 points on GW with a QB that signed with Auburn, Demarious Thomas, Roddy Jones, and Jon Effing Dwyer.

Fridge would have crushed GW in that situation. Our one trick pony couldn’t.

Why are you so adamant about talking about a game we won over 10 years ago when we lost to an 0-2 FCS team just a few hours ago? Who cares? I couldn't even buy a drink when that game was played.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Hard to be a starting QB when The only pivotal situations you are in are 3rd and longs with the game on the line, after you’ve sat most of 2nd half.

Our coaches kept the Citadel in this game and our coaches lost this game.

TO is not a starting QB at this time because he IS NOT a passing threat. Both QBs under threw balls. LJ under threw Camp on the TD and TO under threw Camp late in the seam.

Put TO in against any ACC team with a secondary and we lose because we aren’t running a true option anymore.

TO is a runner and LJ is a passer with some running ability. No passing threat equals 9 in the box

Either way Collins just needs to stop rotating and let somebody emerge !

I both agree and disagree. I disagree that our problems are solved by choosing one QB. I agree that our play-calling with our QB's needs to improve.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Don’t misunderstand what I’m going to say. I truly don’t think we should ever have lost to Citadel. But, I always gave CPJ a pass for 2015 because we were completely decimated with injuries. This year we are playing with a line that was already behind the 8 ball learning a new system and has so far also been disrupted by injuries. Coach Pat might not be calling masterful games, but we are really going to struggle to be consistent with any play calls behind our injured line.

We can absolutely not have a worse loss this season, so we can only go up from here. I personally wish we played next week because, I’d love to get the stink of this game aired out.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Minnesota and Duke have been out spending us by a wide margin now. No surprise there. Only surprise us that CPJ was able to keep this from being a dumpster fire with what little resources he was given.

Speaking of Minnesota, they’re playing Georgia Southern right now. GSU is down by 2 with 4 minutes to play. Isn’t GSU running the 3O again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
I both agree and disagree. I disagree that our problems are solved by choosing one QB. I agree that our play-calling with our QB's needs to improve.

I could handle a true rotation like when you are ahead put TO in or just rotate every two series but I must admit I can’t remember rotating QBs on GWing drives, especially when the QB who was in STARTED THE DRIVE !!!!

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Ok I'm going to piss off most . First attendance sucked I would guess 28,000 at most. Our offensive coordinator should not be coaching D1 football if anywhere. Coaching staff is a whole did not prepare this team , starting to get my doubts about them period. CGC at this time this time is over his head , might have been a good defensive coordinator but has a lot to learn as a head coach. Color it any way you want but our players are better than their players , hell our 2nd team should beat them but not if the coaching staff does not prepare them.
This could be the worse team I have seen since 1981. CGC you can talk recruiting all you want but with your offensive coordinator and lack of preparing a team all I can say is 7 years is too long. If you come back next year with that offensive coordinator than you need to go and take him with you. Oh by the way I'm still pissed about this game. This was Citadel a FCS team. CGC this one is on you.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Why are you so adamant about talking about a game we won over 10 years ago when we lost to an 0-2 FCS team just a few hours ago? Who cares? I couldn't even buy a drink when that game was played.

Our last transition we almost lost to an FCS team while scoring only 10 points. You don’t see any parallels to the current transition?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I could handle a true rotation like when you are ahead put TO in or just rotate e dry two series but I must admit I can’t remember rotating QBs on GWing drives, especially when the QB who was in STARTED THE DRIVE !!!!

Our 2nd TD vs USF was a LJ drive where TO came in for one play like a Wildcat QB.

Jd89

Georgia Tech Fan
Collins yes.

DP no.

Period. Not knee jerk at all if you’re watching the same games I’m watching.

I was sitting in the heat watching it. I think suggesting you fire anyone in this staff after three games is knee jerk. Going back to Dabo as an example. You are asking a pro-set OC to create a pro-set offense with a triple option set of talent. He wouldn’t run the triple option if you have never run it before. There are definitely issues in the play calling and rotating QBs but we also have issues w tight end play, on field clock management (explain why our QB ran the clock down to 6 seconds before hiking it).

I appreciate the frustration but we need to pump the brakes a bit.