The Citadel Postgame

Milwaukee

Banned
Ok, calm down Francis. I am not sure what the “Fire the coaches” folks expect this year. The “already done” comments etc are not helpful for anyone but I will be glad to see you hit the bricks.

Did going to this game in the heat suck? Yes.
Is it embarassing to lose to Citadel? Yes.
Did we play really poor on the defense? Yes, but we, like the other team that played us in the past don’t practice for triple option...kinda like Bama last year.
Was the offense neurotic at best? Yes, platooning QBs has to stop.
Was clock management terrible? Yes, that is a coach issue and a QB issue...why do u Let the clock wind down w 16 second left?
Was there way too many suspect penalties against GT? Absolutely, the was egregious.
Do we have the worst tight end in football? Yes, no comment needed.

I agree, this was bad coaching today and I am a bit concerned with our offensive coaching decisions. However, the fact of the matter is that the coaches are trying to build a house with a really nice sewing kit. They don’t have the tools to execute their offense (they are not running the triple option, so the talent isn’t there for the offense they are coaching, nor should they try to learn the triple option). It will take time. All of my friends who went to Clemson wanted Dabo run out on a rail-good thing the admin didn’t listen to the fans.

I am upset as well. But I am also level headed about this. These vitrol conclusions after 3 games are so knee jerk, it is unproductive to the players, recruits, potential recruits and real fans that support the team.

Collins yes.

DP no.

Period. Not knee jerk at all if you’re watching the same games I’m watching.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
You don’t think talent played into this loss...at least little bit?

Nope. Other than the kicker, they don't have a player who would start for us. Tobias and Jordan in that offense with Camp on the outside would be dynamite against FCS teams. The Citadel should be commended for playing harder, being more disciplined and limiting mistake other than the interception they threw. The time of possession was lopsided and they had more total yards. None of that would have mattered though had we managed the clock better.

From our current Rivals ranking, there are only four teams below us to the number 50 spot with more. This isn’t hard.
Um don't get caught up on our current Rivals ranking. This class is right where our last class was. We are ranked because of numbers, not stars. We have the same number of 4 stars as last year and in fact less 3 stars.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
From our current Rivals ranking, there are only four teams below us to the number 50 spot with more. This isn’t hard.
Recruiting In the top 50 is still a success and foreign to Tech. But let’s use your logic and say that all the teams with less Commits then Bama will still finish higher then them this season.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Spike the ball!! no 10 second runoff. Time is what last second drives are all about. I think we need a couple of older mature asst coaches also. No clock MGMT.

The 10 second run off was because of the snap infraction that we got while trying to spike the ball.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Recruiting In the top 50 is still a success and foreign to Tech. But let’s use your logic and say that all the teams with less Commits then Bama will still finish higher then them this season.
By the end of the year it will be status quo. We just have more numbers right no. Nothing to see here.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Um don't get caught up on our current Rivals ranking. This class is right where our last class was. We are ranked because of numbers, not stars. We have the same number of 4 stars as last year and in fact less 3 stars.

I cannot "like" this, but you are right. Not sure how this season will impact how we finish, but my thoughts are that it will hurt and hurt bad. Hope the staff can hold on to what we have and make some 4 star additions.

Lawyer mark

Jolly Good Fellow
Stop this.

We were a bowl team that went 5-3 in conference last year, a fluke loss to Pitt from the ACCCG.

Saying that all of a sudden we have FCS talent in need of a rebuild is fake news.[/QUOTE

I didn’t say we had fcs talent. We don’t have the offensive parts to run a normal offense. We don’t have a quarterback that can throw well. We need to recruit. To say otherwise is foolish.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
By the end of the year it will be status quo. We just have more numbers right no. Nothing to see here.
I’ll come back to this when we sing our highest class in 13 years. We already have 2 players in this class rated higher then the #1 player in 4 out of the last 5 classes. Ignore it if you want.