The Birth of a Star

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
I think today could go down as one of the best days we’ve had in a long time as Tech fans. Last week I said “I think we’re about to watch the birth of a star” regarding gibbs only to watch Sims go off as a true freshman. This week I believe it happens again. Getting Gibbs and Sims on the field today is going to be special. Play action/RPO game is going to be disgustingly good especially with what looks like a good o line. Don’t take this for granted. Now let’s **** these Disney boys up!

GTG768B

Jolly Good Fellow
horsehead-nebula-astrophotography.jpg

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Is it official he's playing?

NO. But, but everyone is hoping. I see him as a juke and jive runner with great quickness and speed. I saw Mason as a bruiser who always gets something after contact. I hope we still have the bruiser back to complement Gibbs, or I hope I am wrong about Gibbs, and he also can use toughness to get extra yards. (assuming the rumors about Mason are true)

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
NO. But, but everyone is hoping. I see him as a juke and jive runner with great quickness and speed. I saw Mason as a bruiser who always gets something after contact. I hope we still have the bruiser back to complement Gibbs, or I hope I am wrong about Gibbs, and he also can use toughness to get extra yards. (assuming the rumors about Mason are true)
Mason is waaaaaaaaaaaaay more than just a bruiser. He has great balance, vision, timing, instincts, he can cut on a dime and accelerate out of cuts. Oh, and he is a bruiser, too. If he is out, he will be sorely missed, imo. Now the next man up may be just as good or better, we don't know that yet. Let's hope. But man I cringe when I hear Mason undersold. (No, I am not his dad, brother or former high school coach.)

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Mason is waaaaaaaaaaaaay more than just a bruiser. He has great balance, vision, timing, instincts, he can cut on a dime and accelerate out of cuts. Oh, and he is a bruiser, too. If he is out, he will be sorely missed, imo. Now the next man up may be just as good or better, we don't know that yet. Let's hope. But man I cringe when I hear Mason undersold. (No, I am not his dad, brother or former high school coach.)

I agree, DCS, but I think he brings the "bruiser" part as part of his overall skill set, and I am not yet 100% any of the other backs do. I believe he also has excellent vision and balance, as you say.

Last edited: