1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

The Biggest Political Scandal In The Last Several Decades

Discussion in 'The Swarm Lounge' started by bwelbo, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Helluva Engineer

I think that is the crux of the problem. It’s pretty impossible to “look into the soul” of anyone you aren’t personally close to. And as you say that bell can’t be unrung now. So there will be understandable doubts about his character and true beliefs.

I would like to see him judged on the totality of his life and acts. But as @Lotta Juice alluded to, the statements of the governor since this broke aren’t helping him at all.

Everyone screws up and does something stupid in life. Live and learn. But it’s necessary to own mistakes in order to live, learn, and move past them.

bwelbo and kg01 like this.
  2. kg01

kg01 Get-Bak! Coach Featured Member

Very well-stated. His comments after the fact do not help his cause. If he came out and said stte, "It was a long time ago. It was dumb. I've since learned, blah, blah, blah .. my record speaks for itself on race, blah, blah ..."

It would go over much better for him, at least.

Whiskey_Clear and bwelbo like this.
  3. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

I saw a poll that said 58% of African-Americans in Virginia don’t want the governor to resign. People I’ve seen on camera tend to think that it was 40 years ago, people can change, and they are more concerned with his public policy decisions as an adult. That seems totally fair to me. I mean, I could see wanting to keep a closer, skeptical eye on him...

Now if we can only circle back to why he thinks it’s okay to kill a baby even after it’s been born.

Whiskey_Clear likes this.
  4. kg01

Lack of unity, direction and leadership in our community is the root of a lot of our problems honestly. Poll results like that don't surprise me.

And the baby thing is insane. That can't be true, can it. If so, lie to me. I mean, I glossed over the headline on an article on it and just shook my head. Couldn't even bring myself to read it.

5. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Here he is on video, starts at about 30 seconds.

6. kg01

Dang it, bwelbo. I said lie to me.

AE 87 and Whiskey_Clear like this.
  7. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

I completely doctored that video. Its fake news. Sad. :LOL:

Whiskey_Clear and kg01 like this.
  8. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Yet another investigation has ended. The one in the Senate concludes that there was no collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia. I could be wrong, but I will be highly surprised if the Mueller investigation finds anything different then the other investigations.

What a complete utter and total waste of three years.

While several people in the DOJ and FBI have been fired, there’s a lot more left to be done in that regard.

9. WreckinGT

WreckinGT Helluva Engineer

So if collusion isn't found, the investigation was a complete waste of time and money? Do you think the FBI should always base their decisions for investigations off of the final result which they don't know ahead of time?

10. LibertyTurns

LibertyTurns Helluva Engineer

They were after an outcome not the facts and didn’t get it. That’s the problem. Ignoring the illegal acts (collusion, abuse of power, etc) coupled with the failure to recommend prosecution because the predetermined targets were not the ones committing them was another issue. Using the power of the federal government to destroy people in order to suborn perjury is the most grievous aspect. Very troubling conduct that will go unchecked it appears. A sad chapter for America.

Whiskey_Clear and bwelbo like this.
  11. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

We already knew the special prosecutor was a waste of time. There wasn't a crime, so there was no need. Only a Congressional investigator was necessary. Furthermore, as this entire thread was founded - the entire premise behind this was a fraud. The FBI, DOJ, and Intelligence Services colluded with a foreign agent (Christopher Steele) to work with the Russian Intel agencies to dig up dirt on Trump. They planted spies inside of Trump's campaign, and then used what those spies said as evidence to get FISA extensions on top of the original FISA fraud that came from the fake dossier. The entire thing was ridiculous.

Everyone knew because of how this all started that this would probably be the result. And YES, the FBI knew this was a fraudulent investigation to begin with, because THEY helped initiate the fraud, so they should have known they would find nothing. The problem they didn't foresee was that Trump didn't actually do anything. From all their text messages and conversations, they just knew Trump was dirty, so by doing an investigation into everything in Trump and his friends' backgrounds, they just knew they would eventually find something to get him out of office.

[​IMG]

12. Technut1990

Technut1990 Helluva Engineer

Collusion takes place everyday under this president and it has taken place under every other president. It takes place with president elects also and always has.

Visiting other countries use to be a standard of experience for a candidate, it was known as in touch. Collusion has also been a way to avert wars. A president coming in would normally speak to other foreign leaders so as not to take actions that would incite another. It would also be normal for candidates to try anyway they could to find dirt on the other, The country has a history of this, hell it happens in every work place everyday (people trying to get dirt so as to move up or ahead of others)

All of this became "illegal" when Hillary lost. Nobody can ever say Trump is part of the establishment, the fact he isn't is the entire reason all this BS is happening.

The absolute best example of this is Hillary herself, any unbiased non partisan would have to agree, she absolutely colluded with a foreign country, or two, to do exactly what Trumps being investigated for, influence an election

13. WreckinGT

Ah ok. So you have made up your own reality as to why the investigation exists and what the deep states true motive was. Hard to argue with you when you ignore actual reality.

14. WreckinGT

People a lot smarter than you disagree with your assessment. An investigation isn't always the result of a crime, and a special council is usually appointed for a specific reason of which you haven't figured out yet. The long list of current indictments should prove to you that you have no idea what you are talking about but I guess not. Put the tin foil hat back on, make up your own investigation and pretend its real, and hope for the best I guess.

15. Technut1990

Hi Wreck, haven't been able to argue with you in awhile.

When was Hillary indicted ? if this was a fair minded investigation she would have been the first. The fact that she got away with everything she did as they go after Trump proves the motive Liberty spoke to

16. WreckinGT

According to the logic here Hillary wasn't indicted, therefore all of the investigations(past and future) into her behavior were pointless and a waste of time.

17. Technut1990

IMO the race game is pre set. As a white man it's very difficult understanding what is acceptable and what isn't, short of blatant offensive racist acts. It would be a lot easier for me to be able to speak freely and not worry about being fired or DOXed (whatever that is) when I say something stupid. Short of outright mean racist acts and blatantly racist statements it's better that I am told why what I said was stupid so that I can learn what offends. Fortunate for me I have found myself to be in the company of many very good friends who take the time to explain their viewpoints and listen to mine. We have managed to talk about politics, race and general stereotypes while remaining friends, because we dont jump to being offended but rather we try to learn from one another.

A public conversation in which people can be shocked yet take the time to educate would go a long way. Ive hung out in "black" barber shops with friends and I was essentially raised in a dirt road southern bait shop, I've heard and participated in conversations of all types. I've come to understand how stupid people can sound (on both sides) and I know that banning them from life does no good at all. A little consistency however, would be nice

kg01 likes this.
  18. Technut1990

Im sure you are able to see the point I made. When it's a crime for one its a crime for the other Your point would be that Hillary did the same thing but its OK to ignore it

19. kg01

Yeah, I hear you. I think the difference comes when a person is in a position of power. It is very difficult to sort of earn back a sense of trust once that 'racist' cloud sets in.

It's simpler for us everyday randos to just dialogue with one another. If someone asks me a question about something race-related, I'm fine with answering. If someone says something I consider offensive, I have no problem with letting them know. If I say something someone considers offensive, and they let me know, I'm open to giving them the space to be offended. I feel like my job, at that point, is to learn.

Too many people automatically jump to, "Aw, why you playin' the race car?", when something happens. Like they're supposed to tell other folks how and when to feel.

20. WreckinGT

I don't think Hillary did the same thing. We don't even really know that Trump or his associates did at this point. Hillary was investigated. As much as you guys want her to be guilty of every crime known to man because you are completely obsessed with your hatred of her, she still hasn't been convicted of anything. Trump may not be convicted of anything either. Time will tell. As of now though, a whole lot of people from his inner circle have either gone to jail or are waiting to go to jail. That alone has validated the Mueller investigation. Why don't we all be patient and just see what else it produces or doesn't produce.